A few pylons
Posted 15/12/2013 - 03:52
Link
I looked at these without reading your commentary and immediately thought they had a lovely organic, atmospheric quality to them.
Only afterwards I discovered they were taken on film.
#2 is my favourite, but they all evoke something which I rarely see in digital pics
Only afterwards I discovered they were taken on film.
#2 is my favourite, but they all evoke something which I rarely see in digital pics
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 15/12/2013 - 08:35
Link
I agree, very good viewing.
Posted 15/12/2013 - 10:24
Link
Yes very nice, No 2 for me, being looking and watching a few 67 on ebay and these photos are not going to help my bank balance any
May I ask who you use for your scanning and printing.
May I ask who you use for your scanning and printing.
Posted 15/12/2013 - 17:46
Link
Thanks for the comments. Given the conditions I was really surprised to get what I got with an untested camera.
MattyH - I use Peak Imaging for the dev & scan link. I use their 'CD Image 120' service (from their downloadable order form), £8 plus P&P per roll. The scans vary in resolution depending on format, I usually end up with approx. 1500 x 1200 from 6x7 which is enough for web use. For these shots I only re-sized the scans and added the border etc.
The cameras are a real gem to use, but you have to be patient with them (many are 40yr old pro workhorses). There are a few niggly little things that you need to look out for both when buying and when shooting - I mean to post my experiences in the next few days. The first camera was bought from a dealer and quite good. The second off ebay (used for these shots) has been a bit more temperamental (it needed some persuading to get the metering to work and then only in stop-down mode).
Still learning how best to use it, but happy to answer any questions from my limited experience.
John.
MattyH - I use Peak Imaging for the dev & scan link. I use their 'CD Image 120' service (from their downloadable order form), £8 plus P&P per roll. The scans vary in resolution depending on format, I usually end up with approx. 1500 x 1200 from 6x7 which is enough for web use. For these shots I only re-sized the scans and added the border etc.
The cameras are a real gem to use, but you have to be patient with them (many are 40yr old pro workhorses). There are a few niggly little things that you need to look out for both when buying and when shooting - I mean to post my experiences in the next few days. The first camera was bought from a dealer and quite good. The second off ebay (used for these shots) has been a bit more temperamental (it needed some persuading to get the metering to work and then only in stop-down mode).
Still learning how best to use it, but happy to answer any questions from my limited experience.
John.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1415 posts
14 years
Lancashire
The film was processed and scanned commercially, as expected, the scans simply don't do the original transparencies justice:
River Ribble Pylons #1 by John Halliwell, on Flickr
River Ribble Pylons #2 by John Halliwell, on Flickr
River Ribble Pylons #3 by John Halliwell, on Flickr
John.