A few more local images

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 28/06/2021 - 20:47
1. 10 image stitch for sky exposure and focus and 10 image stitch for foreground exposure and focus before then blending together.
Pentax K1, DA* 60-250mm, Benro TMA38CL & GD3WH

Rhoose sunset panoramic by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

2. Rabbit stomping ground. When I was here looking down into this old quarry area there must have been a good 15 bunnies hopping around! This land has been snapped up by the caravan site up the road who want to extend with glamping pods, statics and 'fairground' style attractions. Of course all the additional traffic is routed our end!
Pentax K1, Irix 15mm, Benro TMA38CL & GD3WH

IMGP8208-Edit by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

3. Coastal Path. This is 3 images blended into one. One for the sky, the other for the foreground and another with my hand over the sun to kill the flare for the 2nd image.
Pentax K1, Irix 15mm, Benro TMA38CL & GD3WH

IMGP8180-Edit by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

4. A more successful attempt at ICM and some minimalism
Pentax K1 & D FA 24-70mm

IMGP8200 by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

5. As above!
Pentax K1 & D FA 24-70mm

IMGP8189 by Gareth Williams, on Flickr
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

davidwozhere

Link Posted 29/06/2021 - 00:27
You appear to have been learning new skills. It has certainly paid off - these are very nice results.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Helpful

LennyBloke

Link Posted 29/06/2021 - 07:52
I like your eagerness to experiment in so many different styles, subjects, etc. it's a credit to you to have broadened your range with such quality - keep shooting Gareth
LennyBloke

Helpful

Lubbyman

Link Posted 01/07/2021 - 11:44
Somehow, I missed these a couple of days ago. But better late than never.

A really good set, yet again. I think you're showing the value of knowing a specific area really well, as opposed to thinking that good landscape photos can only be got by going to the big photo locations. And I fully agree with LennyBloke re experimenting - keep it up!

No. 1 works well for me. It took a while to realise that it was because of the lump of dark cloud on the centre horizon which draws the eye into the picture. Well spotted (it was deliberate, wasn't it ).

No. 3 is really good, too. To be picky, there seems to be a 'ghost sun' above right of the real one, which I find slightly distracting. A lens artefact rather than genuine atmospheric phenomenom?

But the one I'd have on my wall is No. 4. because of it's almost pure abstraction and simplicity, classic 'rule of thirds' but with a hint of mystery (is that a distant land on the horizon, reachable only in the imagination??). Interestingly, my eyes are drawn to the waves at the bottom, rather than being drawn into the picture. But crop just above the waves so the horizon is in the centre and the eye is drawn toward the distant land (assuming that's what it is). Two pictures in one!

No. 5 doesn't work quite as well for me as No. 4, probably because it's portrait rather than landscape. But that's just a personal thing. On a technical point, there's a band of darker water at the top which conflicts with the steady transition from dark at bottom to light at top. Cropping just below improves the picture for me (but I still prefer the landscape format of No. 4).

Excellent - pictures that have made me think!

Steve

Helpful

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 01/07/2021 - 17:29
Thanks everyone for the kind words

Steve that is lens flare that originally streaked into the bottom left of the frame as a diagonal. The rest of the flare I killed off with the addition of the third image where I held my hand over the sun as to paint the clean botton right into the frame. On hiensite I should have taken a fourth with my hand coming in from the bottom to leave the sky clear so I could then use this as clean lens flare free sky! Lesson learnt!

Pic 1 - I saw the cloud and how it almost mimiced the tree line below it
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

PRYorkshire

Link Posted 01/07/2021 - 20:56
Never really been a fan of ICM but No 4 has changed my view, excellent piece of abstract art that I would be very happy to hang on my wall.

No 1 also works for me with the foreground detail coupled with the sky detail, an excellent blended image.
Paul

K1000, istD, K70

Helpful

Sry

Link Posted 01/07/2021 - 22:30
Really liking #5 Gareth - calm, soothing, yet slightly ominous with the movement at the bottom (I do agree with Steve though regarding the darker band at the top).

Helpful

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 05/07/2021 - 09:20
Thanks Paul and Serge.

Yes that dark band, once you see it...! It'll be chopped out soon!
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.