A Few Birds
Posted 05/05/2014 - 16:22
Link
That 55-300 seems to have a great reputation on here Philip, and it has served you well also it seems! All nice sharp shots and good exposure control (eg the DR in No2). Those camera JPEGs look excellent also
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 05/05/2014 - 20:32
Link
Thank you for viewing, and for your encouraging comments, Nigel.
I am pleasantly surprised by the 55-300mm and by my first attempts at using it - it does seem to deserve a good reputation. Also, it seems user-friendly for a relative novice, it is nicely balanced on the K-5, and I like its fairly compact form for carrying around. Although I don't have the other one to compare it with, the WR version that I chose to buy seems to be very well made.
Cheers.
Philip
I am pleasantly surprised by the 55-300mm and by my first attempts at using it - it does seem to deserve a good reputation. Also, it seems user-friendly for a relative novice, it is nicely balanced on the K-5, and I like its fairly compact form for carrying around. Although I don't have the other one to compare it with, the WR version that I chose to buy seems to be very well made.
Cheers.
Philip
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1721 posts
15 years
Herts,
England
1. At 150mm
2. At 210mm
3. At 260mm
4. At 300mm
Any comments always welcome.
Cheers.
Philip