A Dull, Wet Day, but...

Lubbyman

Link Posted 25/07/2020 - 22:58
... when the rain eventually stopped a few minutes in the garden with a camera brightened up the mood. Bugs had begun to venture out, while crocosmia (Montbretia) is just getting into its colourful stride with flower buds swelling and starting to glow. Here are some of the results. The second is a wet, bedraggled bee that had presumably misjudged the weather.

All K3 + Irix 150mm.

Thoughts, comments etc. welcome as usual.

Steve

redbusa99

Link Posted 26/07/2020 - 10:08
a nice set , 4 favourite for me followed by that hideous thing in 2 .
K3 II and the odd lens or 2

Flickr

Gwyn

Link Posted 26/07/2020 - 11:35
Lovely set! Not sure what that is is 2 apart from the stuff of nightmares.
3&4 are my favourites.

Our crocosmia is in full bloom now, a flash of red at the back of the garden. It didn't flower at all last year, but seems to be making up for it this year.
The sun is shining today, but it is too windy to try any garden photography. I was going to take your advice and get out and take some random photos, but a SW 5 wind means everything is waving about at an alarming rate. Ah well, back to the ground elder.

LennyBloke

Link Posted 26/07/2020 - 15:25
Nice set Steve - the colours looks natural and not overdone, I'm with Joe in picking no.4 as my favourite - but no.1 works well with a beautifully rendered background
LennyBloke

pschlute

Link Posted 26/07/2020 - 21:32
I dont do macro, but the detail never ceases to amaze me...perhaps I should
Peter

My Flickr page

Lubbyman

Link Posted 27/07/2020 - 14:07
Thanks folks.

The hideous thing in No. 2 is what a wet bumble bee having a bad hair day looks like from the front. It was crawling very slowly so I had the chance to get a head-on shot, which is a rare thing in my experience because the head of a bee usually points towards or is in a flower.

LennyBloke wrote:
- the colours looks natural and not overdone

No need for me to overdo the colours of crocosmia - nature got there first!

pschlute wrote:
I dont do macro, ... ...perhaps I should

Go on, you know you really want to. At the very least, it's an excuse to get a new lens (or two...) .

Steve

jvs

Link Posted 27/07/2020 - 21:24
I could happily live without seeing no. 2 again, Steve, but no. 4 is a winner - the effect you have achieved there is very attractive.
John
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.