A Dragonfly Poses...

Lubbyman

Link Posted 13/08/2022 - 22:02
A very hot, very bright day. Then this little fellow flew in (common darter, male, but please correct me if I'm wrong). There have been a number of dragonflies flying around recently, but this is the only one that has had the decency to land and pose for me when the camera was handy with a sensible lens attached (K3 + Irix 150mm macro + 1.4 TC). It did the usual dragonfly thing of posing for a while, flying round, posing again on the same stick, and so on. I tried to get several angles on it and to convey the light and heat. So here are the best from the modelling session. Best viewed big, of course.

Thought, comments welcome as usual.

Steve

davidwozhere

Link Posted 13/08/2022 - 23:55
The dragonfly is nice but I am equally impressed with those super bokeh results.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

pschlute

Link Posted 14/08/2022 - 05:49
davidwozhere wrote:
The dragonfly is nice but I am equally impressed with those super bokeh results.

+1

great detail and super light.
Peter

My Flickr page

jvs

Link Posted 14/08/2022 - 07:12
Every one a winner! Super set!
John

redbusa99

Link Posted 14/08/2022 - 11:14
all very good, love the detail in the wings
odd lens or 2

Flickr

LennyBloke

Link Posted 14/08/2022 - 11:24
pschlute wrote:
davidwozhere wrote:

+1

great detail and super light.

Totally agree - Number 2 is the top of the pops for me
LennyBloke

Lubbyman

Link Posted 15/08/2022 - 08:40
Thanks folks. It was lucky that the dragonfly chose one of the few spots in the garden where you can get a decent background from several angles. The bokeh (with or without TC attached) is one of the reasons why I like this lens. Irix must have thought about it, 11 rounded aperture blades and their website says 'Beautiful bokeh'. It would have been quite different with the Sigma 105mm, which the Irix has replaced for my garden photography.

Steve
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.