A Damp Cumbria

Still27

Link Posted 11/10/2012 - 20:10
Lovely photos Mark.
Bill
K5+Bigma+BushHawk Shoulderpod.
K5+16-50DA* + 10-17DA Fisheye + 50-135DA* + Sigma 70mm Macro + DA35 2.4..
Slik Pro 700DX tripod.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pixellie/

fatspider

Link Posted 11/10/2012 - 23:04
At least the bad weather didn't dampen your creativity, excellent shots every one.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

cabstar

Link Posted 12/10/2012 - 00:20
Great set but love 3 and 4, Brest processing and tones too.
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released

Blythman

Link Posted 12/10/2012 - 07:41
I like them all, particularly the last four.
Alan

PPG
Flickr

Northgrain

Link Posted 12/10/2012 - 23:15
You go away for a couple of days and what happens? MarkLJ returns to the Forum. All is now well with the world

Typically excellent landscapes, and the mono shots stunning.

4, 5 and 6 are standouts for me.

Mark - hopefully you'll find time to keep posting here. And I hope your new photography teaching thing is going well. Looks great/tempting!
Tim

Some of my vaguely better stuff

SlightlySoiled

Link Posted 13/10/2012 - 00:18
2,3, and onwards are my Favs. Pigeon shooting days. From the pigeon ones there is a good amount of depth in the last B&W Landscapes. The pigeon ones being a nice open field freshly cut.

marklj

Link Posted 13/10/2012 - 10:15
Cheers folks

Northgrain wrote:

Mark - hopefully you'll find time to keep posting here. And I hope your new photography teaching thing is going well. Looks great/tempting!

Thank you. Its not something I was planning to get into just yet although it had been something I was thinking about long term. However, I was approached by a local woman who was already running courses. She is undergoing treatment for cancer and I said I would help out and do what I could. Its as much taking folk out and about as anything. I know all sorts of spots to go and once I started talking about my thoughts on landscape photography I realised that I had quite firm opinions about a lot of things to do with it. I did get told of as the courses are normally 8am for 8 hours. I was picking folk up before dawn and going out for 12-14 hours.

kingfisher

Link Posted 14/10/2012 - 17:35
you have a great eye for light and composition Mark, those photos belong to some landscape photography magazine really....very inspiring

duncanM

Link Posted 14/10/2012 - 19:23
They are all outstandingly good, but the boat-house study has a subtle and special beauty

sandinista

Link Posted 02/03/2013 - 10:08
I must say that sheer class and quality pervades every one of these images, if I ever produce one anything like I will be well chuffed
Great simplicity is only won by an intense moment or by years of intelligent effort. T.S Eliot

PPG
Gear Not enough!!

Flickr
My not so new website

AlJones2402

Link Posted 02/03/2013 - 12:13
A fabulous set

marklj

Link Posted 02/03/2013 - 12:59
thanks for the new comments. A bit of a thread resurrection there

To be honest due to my father being a bit poorly I haven't managed to get out much at all. Couple of days away using the Nikon and that was it. Just getting back to using the Pentax and hopefully a day out with it tomorrow.

One of the 'damp' shots re-processed in colour -

Wall Holm in colour by Mark Littlejohn, on Flickr

And another one not previously seen before. I have a similar shot on my flickr stream but when I was editing the folder on my HDD the other day I looked at this one and preferred it.

Last Edited by marklj on 02/03/2013 - 13:06

Northgrain

Link Posted 03/03/2013 - 18:59
#1 is a terrific version of this already spectacular image of yours, mark. - the darker tones on the island really enhance the composition.

#2 ain't half bad either!

Good to see you back on here. I can sympathise with 'ailing parent syndrome'
Tim

Some of my vaguely better stuff
Last Edited by Northgrain on 03/03/2013 - 18:59

marklj

Link Posted 03/03/2013 - 19:34
Cheers Tim

I was due to be in the North east with three mates doing a weekend of coastal stuff but had to cancel again due to the old lad collapsing. Full time care home is beckoning which is probably going to be for the best.

bwlchmawr

Link Posted 03/03/2013 - 19:42
Every shot very pleasing.
Best wishes,

Andrew

"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference.  All of them can record what you are seeing.  But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050 http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.