A curiosity, just for experts…

dirk1000
Posted 02/11/2007 - 02:21 Link
Quote:
dirk1000 wrote:
For achieve my challenge, yesterday I did 49 shots in flight
49?

Two or three, and it's an extremely good and careful look round first, in the south of England.

Ah, for such light traffic as the Argentine skies.
Yes, 49 photos in 3 hours and 5 minutes flight! Some of them resulted in very nice mountain landscapes (like to see someone’s?).

Certainly the places where I fly have not the conflictive air traffic as in South England where you fly. Also my fly altitudes (Fly Level) are very bellow the commercial airways ones (in this mountainous area the minimal airway FL is 24,000 feet). My flight altitudes in the mountain rarely exceed 10,000 feet. The other aircraft that shares this airspace is a helicopter (also from the government as the one I fly) and we are always in VHF radio communication. So I have some free and safe time for photography…


Best regards.
________________
Dirk TROTTEYN.
K10D+ Sigma 18-50 1:2.8 DC Lens.
Ammonyte
Posted 02/11/2007 - 21:42 Link
Quote:
There is a famous old photo of a racing car where the wheel becomes oval for the same reason.
This one, John?

Comment Image


By Jacques-Henri Lartigue, also featured in the BBC documentary series "Genius of Photography"
Tim the Ammonyte
--------------
K10D & sundry toys
http://www.ammonyte.com/photos.html
johnriley
Posted 02/11/2007 - 22:15 Link
That's the one, many thanks!
Best regards, John
Kim C
Posted 02/11/2007 - 23:53 Link
I like the way it also makes the people lean the opposite way. It gives a much better impression of speed.

Kim

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo