A couple of variations
Posted 18/03/2019 - 19:57 - Helpful Comment
Link
Second picture is lovely. i know some don't like the milky water effect , but here it works very well.
Peter
My Flickr page
My Flickr page
Posted 18/03/2019 - 20:00 - Helpful Comment
Link
Lovely set. The second one looks quire other-worldly.
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)
What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, vintage lenses and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)
What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, vintage lenses and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!
Posted 18/03/2019 - 20:43 - Helpful Comment
Link
I like the spooky version best as it uses the smoothness of the water pretty well. Ethereal quality to the water texture.
All the gear with no idea
Posted 18/03/2019 - 20:54
Link
Cheers guys, I know they're not to everyone's taste, but i have always liked the effect.
There is a lot of gorse and scrub, and the water appears brown but thats to do with the rocks underneath, its up in the mountains, so no pollution, I just don't like the colours of the original, might be the filter might not,
I am enjoying experimenting with these.
There is a lot of gorse and scrub, and the water appears brown but thats to do with the rocks underneath, its up in the mountains, so no pollution, I just don't like the colours of the original, might be the filter might not,
I am enjoying experimenting with these.
I know what i like, If not always why.
Posted 18/03/2019 - 22:11 - Helpful Comment
Link
I think the thing is with the milky water effect is that it became de rigueur to produce it in any landscape water shot and it became very common.
Some scenes are absolutely improved by it as displayed by your excellent picture
Some scenes are absolutely improved by it as displayed by your excellent picture
Peter
My Flickr page
My Flickr page
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2322 posts
13 years
Wicklow Ireland
It was a cheap Zomei 10 stop screw in filter, Worse again, I have to use step down rings as its a 72mm and the lens is 77mm
I havent fully decided to hold onto the lens ( samyang 20mm f1. as I quite like the look of the Irix 15mm, that is why I havent invested in proper filters for it.
The shot was a 228 sec long exposure, iso 400 and F9.
It was late evening so there was very little light by the time I took this particular shot.
I edited it in my normal way, then uploaded to flickr, then downloaded to my ph, where I edited it again in snapseed,( not a bad little app, can handle raw files too, if you have a ph that shoots raw)
Anyway here are the shots, ( i shoot raw + jpeg, i edit the raw files, so here is the unedited jpeg)
IMGP4561sm by dr.shutter, on Flickr
next an edited version
IMGP4561ed31sm by dr.shutter, on Flickr
then to this
Kings River by dr.shutter, on Flickr