A couple of variations

derek897

Link Posted 18/03/2019 - 14:14
I was asked what filter I used for this shot,
It was a cheap Zomei 10 stop screw in filter, Worse again, I have to use step down rings as its a 72mm and the lens is 77mm
I havent fully decided to hold onto the lens ( samyang 20mm f1. as I quite like the look of the Irix 15mm, that is why I havent invested in proper filters for it.
The shot was a 228 sec long exposure, iso 400 and F9.
It was late evening so there was very little light by the time I took this particular shot.
I edited it in my normal way, then uploaded to flickr, then downloaded to my ph, where I edited it again in snapseed,( not a bad little app, can handle raw files too, if you have a ph that shoots raw)
Anyway here are the shots, ( i shoot raw + jpeg, i edit the raw files, so here is the unedited jpeg)

IMGP4561sm by dr.shutter, on Flickr

next an edited version

IMGP4561ed31sm by dr.shutter, on Flickr

then to this

Kings River by dr.shutter, on Flickr
I know what i like, If not always why.

pschlute

Link Posted 18/03/2019 - 19:57
Second picture is lovely. i know some don't like the milky water effect , but here it works very well.
Peter

My Flickr page

Helpful

Defragged

Link Posted 18/03/2019 - 20:00
Lovely set. The second one looks quire other-worldly.
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!

Helpful

HarisF1

Link Posted 18/03/2019 - 20:43
I like the spooky version best as it uses the smoothness of the water pretty well. Ethereal quality to the water texture.

Helpful

derek897

Link Posted 18/03/2019 - 20:54
Cheers guys, I know they're not to everyone's taste, but i have always liked the effect.
There is a lot of gorse and scrub, and the water appears brown but thats to do with the rocks underneath, its up in the mountains, so no pollution, I just don't like the colours of the original, might be the filter might not,
I am enjoying experimenting with these.
I know what i like, If not always why.

pschlute

Link Posted 18/03/2019 - 22:11
I think the thing is with the milky water effect is that it became de rigueur to produce it in any landscape water shot and it became very common.

Some scenes are absolutely improved by it as displayed by your excellent picture
Peter

My Flickr page

Helpful
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.