A chrome MV1
Posted 02/12/2009 - 15:42
Link
Right, a better shot without as much blur. The lens is a pinhole type:
[IMG]http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x21/Kingofthemountains/IMGP0867.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x21/Kingofthemountains/IMGP0867.jpg[/IMG]
Matt
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Posted 02/12/2009 - 16:19
Link
I love these old bodies! I only have one, a SuperME. But they feel so good in the hand.
Getting there! Thanks to you guys
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Posted 02/12/2009 - 16:32
Link
I now have an ME Super, MG, and a couple of MV1s (the other is the normal black one) from the M series. I'd quite like an ME F as they were the first AF SLRs, although I don't rate my chances of finding the matching AF 35-70mm lens at a price I can afford.
Matt
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Posted 02/12/2009 - 16:36
Link
My next expense will be a newer DSLR. I can't afford to buy old bodies as a hobby, so I need to go for functionality....unfortunately
Getting there! Thanks to you guys
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Posted 02/12/2009 - 17:40
Link
Dangermouse wrote:
I now have an ME Super, MG, and a couple of MV1s (the other is the normal black one) from the M series. I'd quite like an ME F as they were the first AF SLRs, although I don't rate my chances of finding the matching AF 35-70mm lens at a price I can afford.
The AF 35-70mm lens appears to be quite a rare beast. I keep looking on ebay to no avail. Mind you, who would have guessed a 400-600 mirror would turn up... I now have an ME Super, MG, and a couple of MV1s (the other is the normal black one) from the M series. I'd quite like an ME F as they were the first AF SLRs, although I don't rate my chances of finding the matching AF 35-70mm lens at a price I can afford.
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 02/12/2009 - 18:49
Link
Good luck on the lens, I've been looking for a while now to no avail!
My collection of bodies is HERE, and yes I also have a chrome(silver?) MV-I have a few other bodies as yet not on the site, one of which is a ME-F!
My collection of bodies is HERE, and yes I also have a chrome(silver?) MV-I have a few other bodies as yet not on the site, one of which is a ME-F!
Cheers, HG
K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.
Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...
PPG entries.
K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.
Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...
PPG entries.
Posted 09/12/2009 - 17:33
Link
The MV1 now has a proper lens:
[IMG]http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x21/Kingofthemountains/Landscapes/IMGP0920.jpg[/IMG]
An M 50mm f2 bought for £6 with a slight fungus problem. I decided to risk it as I know these lenses are easy to dismantle and it'd be useful experience in case I see a rarer one with the same problem. A quick swab with a cotton bud dipped in vinegar removed the fungus, after which I cleaned the surface with a fresh bud and lens cleaner then polished it dry with another bud. I'll have another look in a few weeks and see whether this has cured the problem once and for all.
There's a slight problem with part of the coating on the front element, but this didn't seem to damage image quality when I took a couple of quick test shots with my Km. Don't worry, I won't be leaving this lens on the Km for any length of time just to be on the safe side! It will also be stored in a well ventilated area well away from my "good" lenses.
[IMG]http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x21/Kingofthemountains/Landscapes/IMGP0920.jpg[/IMG]
An M 50mm f2 bought for £6 with a slight fungus problem. I decided to risk it as I know these lenses are easy to dismantle and it'd be useful experience in case I see a rarer one with the same problem. A quick swab with a cotton bud dipped in vinegar removed the fungus, after which I cleaned the surface with a fresh bud and lens cleaner then polished it dry with another bud. I'll have another look in a few weeks and see whether this has cured the problem once and for all.
There's a slight problem with part of the coating on the front element, but this didn't seem to damage image quality when I took a couple of quick test shots with my Km. Don't worry, I won't be leaving this lens on the Km for any length of time just to be on the safe side! It will also be stored in a well ventilated area well away from my "good" lenses.
Matt
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Posted 09/12/2009 - 20:11
Link
womble wrote:
K.
There is a Pentax AF 35-70mm lens for sale here, going for £110, not sure if its a good price or not, never seen another for sale before. Reading the reviews on them, they don't rate very highly.
Dangermouse wrote:
I now have an ME Super, MG, and a couple of MV1s (the other is the normal black one) from the M series. I'd quite like an ME F as they were the first AF SLRs, although I don't rate my chances of finding the matching AF 35-70mm lens at a price I can afford.
The AF 35-70mm lens appears to be quite a rare beast. I keep looking on ebay to no avail. Mind you, who would have guessed a 400-600 mirror would turn up... I now have an ME Super, MG, and a couple of MV1s (the other is the normal black one) from the M series. I'd quite like an ME F as they were the first AF SLRs, although I don't rate my chances of finding the matching AF 35-70mm lens at a price I can afford.
K.
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Posted 09/12/2009 - 21:43
Link
It's not the IQ with this lens Clarky, it's the fact that(as far as I know)it's the only lens that will auto focus on a ME-F body!
As for the price, the last one I saw was on the US ebay and went well above £100...
As for the price, the last one I saw was on the US ebay and went well above £100...
Cheers, HG
K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.
Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...
PPG entries.
K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.
Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...
PPG entries.
Posted 09/12/2009 - 22:46
Link
The opinions I've read of the original AF lens seemed to suggest that it wasn't a bad performer. It's certainly fast for a zoom - f2.8 is prime territory.
Interestingly I did see a very early AF lens which had all of the hardware built in, so it would work with any K mount body. It was a 50mm but I can't remember the brand name - it may have been Sears. I doubt performance was stellar, but I wouldn't mind one as an interesting oddity.
Edit, I have found that Chinon offered a K mount 50mm f1.7 with infra-red AF built in. It isn't the same as the first one I saw but the idea is similar.
Interestingly I did see a very early AF lens which had all of the hardware built in, so it would work with any K mount body. It was a 50mm but I can't remember the brand name - it may have been Sears. I doubt performance was stellar, but I wouldn't mind one as an interesting oddity.
Edit, I have found that Chinon offered a K mount 50mm f1.7 with infra-red AF built in. It isn't the same as the first one I saw but the idea is similar.
Matt
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


3603 posts
16 years
Mid Wales
I spotted this on ebay last week for £8:
[IMG]http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x21/Kingofthemountains/IMGP0860.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x21/Kingofthemountains/IMGP0859.jpg[/IMG]
After a good clean, a new back door, and some replacement parts for the winder lever:
[IMG]http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x21/Kingofthemountains/IMGP0861.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x21/Kingofthemountains/IMGP0863.jpg[/IMG]
Apologies for the slight blur there, I think post-reassembly excitement was to blame!
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.