A*300 f2.8 etc
Posted 16/12/2008 - 21:12
Link
Fair enough, but I just think you'll get a lower price selling it here or through a UK shop.
Each to their own though, I'll still be interested to know what one of these beasts actually fetches!
Each to their own though, I'll still be interested to know what one of these beasts actually fetches!
Joining the Q
Posted 16/12/2008 - 21:17
Link
Thanks very much for your thoughts and comments Hefty very much appreciated, and yes I will let you know the outcome. Maybe I ought to try the e bay route after all. I would obviously like to realise its propper worth and if thats what it takes then ....
Richard S
Richard S
Posted 16/12/2008 - 21:23
Link
If you want any help with eBay listings then send me a PM - I've sold quite a few high-worth items on there and I ship all over the world. Although I'd probably leave it until the new year now as I know from previous years there are fewer bidders sat at their PC's over the festive season...
Joining the Q
Posted 16/12/2008 - 22:42
Link
Hi Mike, Well you know what to ask for for Christmas now then do'nt you !!!!
Richard S
Richard S
Posted 16/12/2008 - 22:46
Link
Not both then !!
Just had a look and its a different shade of white unfortunately.
Oh well...
Richard S
Just had a look and its a different shade of white unfortunately.
Oh well...
Richard S
Posted 12/03/2009 - 00:17
Link
Shame on Pentax indeed for not matching the colors of cheapo 2000 to the old glory of 300/2.8!
As to the noise, I usually stick to ISO 200 as well and yes you can see the difference but it's surprising how little noise you get on 1600 on K20D with little overexposure. This image is straight from the camera (sorry, focus on the left eye): http://www.flickr.com/photos/51031191@N00/3311774938/in/photostream/
and this is with noise supressed and oversharpened:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/51031191@N00/3312414372/
Both are full 14.5 MP, no cropping. Let me know if you have problems seeing the full size images.
Also, BTW, some guy from Japan, professional dealer with expensive Pentax gear, has just recently sold on ebay 300/2.8 FA for a $3000 and 250-600/4 FA for $6000 if I remember correctly.
As to the noise, I usually stick to ISO 200 as well and yes you can see the difference but it's surprising how little noise you get on 1600 on K20D with little overexposure. This image is straight from the camera (sorry, focus on the left eye): http://www.flickr.com/photos/51031191@N00/3311774938/in/photostream/
and this is with noise supressed and oversharpened:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/51031191@N00/3312414372/
Both are full 14.5 MP, no cropping. Let me know if you have problems seeing the full size images.
Also, BTW, some guy from Japan, professional dealer with expensive Pentax gear, has just recently sold on ebay 300/2.8 FA for a $3000 and 250-600/4 FA for $6000 if I remember correctly.
Posted 12/03/2009 - 19:31
Link
Maxnovikov thats pretty impressive for 1600 ISO. Will PM you regarding the 300 in a short while.
Richard S
Richard S
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


68 posts
17 years
Norfolk UK
Richard S