89 years 4 months

Steveninwyoming

Link Posted 04/02/2010 - 21:44

I picked this one up off the dark room floor and scaned it so I could try photoshop.

davex

Link Posted 04/02/2010 - 21:47
Lots of potential here, but as is it seems a touch overexposed?
K5 + 8mm-500mm zooms and primes
Please feel free to play with any images I post.
My flickr: link

Steveninwyoming

Link Posted 04/02/2010 - 21:48

this is the finished one. What do ya think.

davex

Link Posted 04/02/2010 - 21:53
I think better, but may i suggest a tighter crop;

K5 + 8mm-500mm zooms and primes
Please feel free to play with any images I post.
My flickr: link

P_H_I_L_L

Link Posted 04/02/2010 - 22:50
You've lost her eyes a bit in toning down the highlights, they've gone a bit 'vampire about to bite'.

I'd also stay with the original crop or lose the chair. When cropped it, the black chair looks she could be wearing wings.

Also if you scanned it in colour, try using the channel mixer to do the black and white convertion, you have loads more control. Finally a bit of sharpening is good.

KenH

Link Posted 05/02/2010 - 07:59
...but a lovely portrait!
Photography is putting one’s head, one’s eye, and one’s heart on the same axis. HCB
K20D and various stuff.

pink

Link Posted 06/02/2010 - 09:35
Phill

P_H_I_L_L wrote:
they've gone a bit 'vampire about to bite'.

they both have no teeth so we'll be ok

JAMES

KenH

Link Posted 06/02/2010 - 11:00
Hi Steven, now that the technical stuff is sorted - who are the subjects, and is there a story behind the pic?

Tks
Ken
Photography is putting one’s head, one’s eye, and one’s heart on the same axis. HCB
K20D and various stuff.

Steveninwyoming

Link Posted 07/02/2010 - 17:06
Yes there is a story. They span 5 gererations. It was taken last summer at a family reunion. It is my Grand mother and my Grand son. I shot this pic with Fuji Neopan SS. Processed it by hand in the dark room. This particular print had several dust specks and was culled. I attempted to manipulate the negative to remove the Bass Pro Logo from the chair. Was unsuccesfull in that attempt however I managed to blur it enough that it could not be read. I scaned this print so that I had something to use to learn Photoshop. This photo also won a Superior in class at the county fair. Of course the final print was dust free.

As Paul Harvey would say " now you know the rest of the story"

Steven

KenH

Link Posted 07/02/2010 - 23:01
phew, an amazing span of genrations - thanks Steven!
K20D and various stuff.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.