7 Day Shop - Ball socket tripod head

Stridey

Link Posted 01/08/2014 - 19:02
I bought one of these early this week. The quality is really good and is a real bargain at 17.99 + postage :

http://www.7dayshop.com/7dayshop-professional-quality-ball-socket-head-with-quic...

Regards
Nigel
Best regards
Nigel

www.nigelstridephotography.co.uk

Aero

Link Posted 01/08/2014 - 20:46
Thanks for the link. Always fancied trying a ball-and-socket head. I've been pretty impressed with the 7DayShop stuff in the past.

Al

harwood6120

Link Posted 02/08/2014 - 09:59
I've also just bought one of these to replace the original head on one of their tripods. The original couldn't hold my K3 with Sigma 18-250 lens in portrait mode and used to slip quite a bit. So far seems to have done the trick. Going on holiday this weekend so it will get a good tryout.
Dave H

ScoobyZ

mayday

Link Posted 02/08/2014 - 18:05
I bought one of these from Amazon link They all look pretty much alike
Regards
David

Retired at last - now all that time for photography - you would think: wink:

harwood6120

Link Posted 02/08/2014 - 18:13

The reason I bought one of the 7day heads is because the original one had cork facing which doesn't grip as well.

Dave H

dcweather

Link Posted 03/08/2014 - 20:34
I bought one as well. It is unbelievable value. I've got a basic Redsnapper Pan and tilt which is ok and a Gimbal type which is excellent but heavy, bulky and mine won't do portrait. This takes my K3 and DA* 300 a treat and is really versatile allowing pointing vertical down and up.
Heavy duty metal, adjustable rotating degree scale and friction adjustment and spirit level. The locking plate is excellent Swiss Arca style although different dimensions unfortunately although I tried it and it would clamp in a temporary emergency.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.