50th PPG accept


Prieni

Link Posted 23/06/2009 - 19:29
I got my 50th shot accepted for the PPG today. And I got an open ended contract at work. Not a bad day...

Here's entry No. 50 (shot for a competition with the theme "Something old"):


Taken with K20D and DA* 16-50 @ 39, A11, 1.5 s, ISO200. Fading daylight from the window and a bit of tungsten.

Prieni
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page

Mike-P

Link Posted 23/06/2009 - 19:31
Prieni wrote:
I got my 50th shot accepted for the PPG today. And I got an open ended contract at work. Not a bad day...


And I thought I was doing well with 13

Nice photo, congrats on both.


Edit: 18, forgot I had some more accepted a few days ago.
. My Flickr
Last Edited by Mike-P on 23/06/2009 - 19:33

Prieni

Link Posted 23/06/2009 - 19:35
Mike,

you got some real crackers in there!

Prieni
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page

Malo1961

Link Posted 23/06/2009 - 19:37
Top quality as usual, so no surprise here. On the PPG qualification that is.

But I'll reckon you show the same kind of devotion on your job, so that also doesn't come as a surprise.

Congrats on both counts, Ralf. well done

Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.


Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.

pschlute

Link Posted 23/06/2009 - 21:10
Well done Ralf, you have a superb collection in the gallery. The honeycomb grid a favourite of mine.
Peter



My Flickr page

scottthehat

Link Posted 23/06/2009 - 21:23
well done, some real crackers cant wait to get to 10 myself, 1 left, but way of the big 50,
just keep snapping,

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/scottbenson

http://s727.photobucket.com/albums/ww272/scottthehat/


CAMERAS = k200d + battery grip.
nikon d300 + battery grip.
LENSES = tamron aspherical DII 18-200mm f3.5/6.3,
nikon 18-200mm afs vr f3.5/5.6 g dx
sigma 150-500mm apo dg hsm os
sigma 170-500mm apo dg
FLASH = samsung sef36pzf flash + more.

hefty1

Link Posted 23/06/2009 - 22:03
In two years I've had precisely.......... none.

I think it's time I took up a new hobby
Joining the Q

haydnw

Link Posted 23/06/2009 - 22:05
Well done, but keep looking over your shoulder - I've only got 49 to go to catch up with you
Haydn

link
Samsung GX1S, Nikon D300, Zenith 12XP, Olympus OM10, Holga 120N

Lance B

Link Posted 24/06/2009 - 02:25
Prieni wrote:
I got my 50th shot accepted for the PPG today. And I got an open ended contract at work. Not a bad day...

Buy a lottery ticket, as they say things come in 3's.

Quote:
Here's entry No. 50 (shot for a competition with the theme "Something old"):


Taken with K20D and DA* 16-50 @ 39, A11, 1.5 s, ISO200. Fading daylight from the window and a bit of tungsten.

Beautifully done and a worthy entrant.

Congrats on 50 acceptances in PPG, Prieni.
Cameras:K-7/K20D/*ist D/K10D
Lenses:DA14 f2.8, A16 f2.8, FA20 f2.8, FA31 f1.8, DA35 f2.8 macro, FA43 f1.9, FA50 f1.4, A50 f1.4, A50 f1.2, FA50 f2.8 macro, DA*55 f1.4, FA77 f1.8, DFA100 f2.8 macro, A100 f2.8, DA*300 f4, FA*300 f4.5, DA10-17 FE, DA12-24 f4, DA*16-50 f2.8, DA17-70 f4, FA*28-70 f2.8, DA*50-135 f2.8, DA*60-250 f4, FA*80-200 f2.8.
Flashes:AF540FGZ, AF360FGZ

Prieni

Link Posted 24/06/2009 - 08:07
Mike-P wrote:

And I thought I was doing well with 13

Nice photo, congrats on both.

Edit: 18, forgot I had some more accepted a few days ago.

You have to build up step by step. It took quite a while to build up and I didn't submit "agressively". I like to have two or three in the running at any time. When they are all declined or accepted I look for new ones to submit.

Martin, thanks for your kind words. I better should go back to work, then and stop answering posts...

pschlute wrote:
Well done Ralf, you have a superb collection in the gallery. The honeycomb grid a favourite of mine.

Thanks Peter. The grid is part of an oceanographic instrument (the upper photo on my wife's page here shows the whole thing (called sediment trap) at deployment).

scottthehat wrote:
well done, some real crackers cant wait to get to 10 myself, 1 left, but way of the big 50,

Scott, your signature says it all: just keep snapping (and submitting, of course).

hefty1 wrote:
In two years I've had precisely.......... none.

I think it's time I took up a new hobby

Hefty, I think it's time to submit more. I had about 130 shots declined as well as 50 accepted.

Haydn, I will be on the lookout for you

Lance, I might go for the lottery ticket...

Thanks all for comments and kind words,
Prieni
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page

Tony-O

Link Posted 24/06/2009 - 08:17
Well done Mr Big Head,Some really great photo's,well deserved recognition. That looks like a 1 to 4 acceptance rate,so you need to get cracking on the next 200 shots to become a centenarian.By the way does your open ended contract require you to be at work till you fall off your perch Well done on both counts.Tony.
K7,DA*50-135, 35mmLTD Macro, 21mm Ltd, Voightlaender 58mm 1.4 NOKTON SL,Ricoh GRD,GRX, Zeiss 100mm f2 Makro Planar.Zeiss Ikon ZM,Zeiss f1.5 C Sonnar.

It ain't no sin to take off your skin,and dance around in your bones.Tom Waits.

Prieni

Link Posted 24/06/2009 - 08:32
Tony-O wrote:
Well done Mr Big Head,Some really great photo's,well deserved recognition.

Thanks Tony!

Tony-O wrote:
That looks like a 1 to 4 acceptance rate,so you need to get cracking on the next 200 shots to become a centenarian.

It will get harder as the useful archive-shots are a limited resource...

Tony-O wrote:
By the way does your open ended contract require you to be at work till you fall off your perch

The way the retirement age is going in Germany at the moment I would say yes.

Cheers,
Prieni
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page

Hyram

Link Posted 24/06/2009 - 08:35
Congratulations on both counts, particularly good news about your contract I guess
Hyram

Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.