24-megapixels-the-world-forgot
Posted 08/01/2015 - 10:19
Link
richandfleur wrote:
I like the message but its risky to write a review off dxo scores.
For interests sake this both makes for interesting/thought provoking reading and reassures me that my K-30 can hold its own for a few more years:
DXO link
Totally agree Richard, Tony Northrup on You-Tube seems to be making a living out of qouting DXO (Exaggeration). As you say it's a good message, if a little sloppy, the viewfinder statements bug me a little, i have to say but then I have never looked thru a D750 viewfinder either!I like the message but its risky to write a review off dxo scores.
For interests sake this both makes for interesting/thought provoking reading and reassures me that my K-30 can hold its own for a few more years:
DXO link
There still is not, nor should there ever be percieved to be anything wrong with a K30.
Cheers Jules...
My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Posted 08/01/2015 - 10:23 - Helpful Comment
Link
The viewfinder statement is a bit sloppy because what it means is the magnification of the viewfinder image is greater in the K-3. The K-3 also has a 100% viewfinder, meaning that everything that appears in the image will be visible in the viewfinder. That's the bit that's relevant to things creeping in at the edge of our images, not the magnification.
Best regards, John
Posted 08/01/2015 - 10:58
Link
Yup! Bang on as alwas John!
It seems pretty unbiased, which is good also, I seem to remember the author being a really enthusiastic Fuji shooter...
It seems pretty unbiased, which is good also, I seem to remember the author being a really enthusiastic Fuji shooter...
Cheers Jules...
My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Posted 08/01/2015 - 12:07
Link
Calling the D750 a professional camera is also sloppy.
Best regards
Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 08/01/2015 - 12:44
Link
K10D wrote:
Calling the D750 a professional camera is also sloppy.
Best regards
I'm not even sure what a professional camera is. If you make your living from images taken with an +ist D or K7, surely they are professional cameras?
Calling the D750 a professional camera is also sloppy.
Best regards
Posted 08/01/2015 - 14:42
Link
No, I don't think so ... With the istD, that would be a professional making a living from a consumer grade camera. His/her profit margins might be better though!
In the case of the K7 I would argue that by many definitions it could be considered 'pro-spec'. We have to take into account how the manufacturer has built it and their target market (skills and experience, plus their ambitions, not their job) , as well as a list of particular items that are most likely to be utilized, appreciated and depended upon by professionals. All of the recent flagship Pentax dslrs have included the majority of these I would say.
In the case of the K7 I would argue that by many definitions it could be considered 'pro-spec'. We have to take into account how the manufacturer has built it and their target market (skills and experience, plus their ambitions, not their job) , as well as a list of particular items that are most likely to be utilized, appreciated and depended upon by professionals. All of the recent flagship Pentax dslrs have included the majority of these I would say.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 08/01/2015 - 15:59
Link
The *istD was never a consumer grade camera Nigel.
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Posted 08/01/2015 - 16:02
Link
McBrian wrote:
The *istD was never a consumer grade camera Nigel.
I was about to say the same.The *istD was never a consumer grade camera Nigel.
I wonder when a professional grade camera becomes consumer grade. After time even the most basic entry cameras overtake the so called "professional" spec bodies, no matter what the make.
Posted 08/01/2015 - 16:17
Link
Mike-P wrote:
I wonder when a professional grade camera becomes consumer grade. After time even the most basic entry cameras overtake the so called "professional" spec bodies, no matter what the make.
Very true...
McBrian wrote:
The *istD was never a consumer grade camera Nigel.
I was about to say the same.The *istD was never a consumer grade camera Nigel.
I wonder when a professional grade camera becomes consumer grade. After time even the most basic entry cameras overtake the so called "professional" spec bodies, no matter what the make.
Cheers Jules...
My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Posted 08/01/2015 - 17:36
Link
Sorry guys, I'll check my specs () in future ... The main point was that I believe cameras do fall into these categories based on certain key features. What was it with the istD that elevated it above' consumer' would you say?
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 08/01/2015 - 17:49
Link
The * !
Cheers Jules...
My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Posted 08/01/2015 - 18:03
Link
Proper glass pentaprism, professional level features for its day and a huge price tag. It took the *istDS to arrive to make DSLR photography affordable for us.
Best regards, John
Posted 08/01/2015 - 18:33
Link
Its well before my time here with Pentax, but having looked at the specs (on PentaxForums) there are in fact a few key items that (well, for me) would really force the isdD more towards the 'consumer' category ... certainly not higher end enthusiast / Pro ...
These are :
1) the lack of weather sealing
2) stroboscopic flash for focus assist
3) only +/- 3 stops exposure compensation
4) no flash exposure compensation
5) no front/back focus adjustment
6) .95x viewfinder
This is not to look down on what was clearly a most capable model, only to lay down some signposts towards categorisation. This is never going to be definitive, but the extensions and improvements to this list of mine would certainly be things I would expect in 'enthusiast / pro' models (ie weather sealing, electronic focus assist, 5 stops EC, FC, focus adjustment, 100% viewfinder).
These are :
1) the lack of weather sealing
2) stroboscopic flash for focus assist
3) only +/- 3 stops exposure compensation
4) no flash exposure compensation
5) no front/back focus adjustment
6) .95x viewfinder
This is not to look down on what was clearly a most capable model, only to lay down some signposts towards categorisation. This is never going to be definitive, but the extensions and improvements to this list of mine would certainly be things I would expect in 'enthusiast / pro' models (ie weather sealing, electronic focus assist, 5 stops EC, FC, focus adjustment, 100% viewfinder).
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2342 posts
16 years
Storbritannia
I forogot but luckily I remembered again!
Enjoy!
There are a few inaccuracies however, none the less a positive article, there needs to be more like this but written by someone who has actually used all the cameras in the comparison, might be a good start???
I don't think this guy has, as always positivity tinged with sarcasm!
My new sig maybe?
My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com