21mm limited comparison
Posted 27/11/2007 - 22:53
Link
When you say "economical", how much (or little) are you looking at spending?
Joining the Q
Posted 27/11/2007 - 23:09
Link
Quote:
21mm ltd being a 10 (on a scale of 1-10), what's a worthy, more economical alternative for those of us who cannot afford the limited series?
16-45mm
21mm ltd being a 10 (on a scale of 1-10), what's a worthy, more economical alternative for those of us who cannot afford the limited series?
Best regards, John
Posted 28/11/2007 - 09:33
Link
If the 21mm F3.2 is a 10 then the 16-45 must be at least a 12.
Another option would be to look for the Tokina ATX-Pro 20-35mm F2.8. It's slighty faster and significantly more versatile than the 21mm ltd and not significantly (it at all) less sharp. It is lots bigger though, if you feel that's a bad thing.
Another option would be to look for the Tokina ATX-Pro 20-35mm F2.8. It's slighty faster and significantly more versatile than the 21mm ltd and not significantly (it at all) less sharp. It is lots bigger though, if you feel that's a bad thing.
Posted 28/11/2007 - 19:32
Link
I don't want to spend more than $500 US. Thank you.
Posted 28/11/2007 - 20:19
Link
For $500 US you could have the DA 21 that you're lusting after: http://search.ebay.co.uk/pentax-21mm_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQflocZ1QQfromZR40QQsaslcZ2Q...
Joining the Q
Posted 29/11/2007 - 13:20
Link
For that price, I would look for either the 20/2.8 A or FA. They are both faster and from results I have seen produce better results than the 21 DA. With such a wide angle, even with the crop factor, MF is not a problem.
Kim
Kim
Posted 30/11/2007 - 10:42
Link
Quote:
For that price, I would look for either the 20/2.8 A or FA. They are both faster and from results I have seen produce better results than the 21 DA.
Personally I prefer the DA21 on digital, hence I recently sold my A20 to anotherFor that price, I would look for either the 20/2.8 A or FA. They are both faster and from results I have seen produce better results than the 21 DA.
forum member.
The A20 is very sharp in the centre, but rather soft round the
edges on digital. Whereas the DA21 has a very consistent edge-to-edge sharpness
and is also a lot smaller. In my opinion, landscape-type lenses need to be sharp
in the corners
I've had 2 A20/2.8's over the years and they both behaved the same
way, so I don't think this is sample variation.
The other, much cheaper option, is to use a Zenitar 16/2.8 and de-fish
in software. The Z costs around £65 and the results are very good on
digital.
R
Posted 30/11/2007 - 11:51
Link
I always much preferred the SMC Pentax-M 20mm f4. Sharper and more compact.
Best regards, John
Posted 06/12/2007 - 11:04
Link
I had one of the earlier 20/4 and sold it to replace it with the 2.8 a version. Although slightly larger, I find it to be a much better lens.
Kim
Kim
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


18 posts
18 years
i'm still rockin the 50mm/1.4
i love it; it's my only lens.
thx. y'all are the best forum participants. in the whole world.