2 motion blur images
Posted 02/11/2017 - 21:14
Link
I can see these looking good printed out very large as a poster, but as a photograph, they are not doing it for me, sorry Gareth.
Peter
My Flickr page
My Flickr page
Posted 02/11/2017 - 21:44
Link
They would work as large posters - but they also work for me as they are, especially the 2nd one that has that extra brightness peeping through
Andy
Posted 02/11/2017 - 22:18
Link
I agree they would look fab as large posters, but like Andy I also like them as they are.
What exactly was the 'technique' Gareth? I wouldn't mind trying this myself.
Cheers
Karlo
What exactly was the 'technique' Gareth? I wouldn't mind trying this myself.
Cheers
Karlo
Posted 02/11/2017 - 22:48
Link
Both interesting examples of ICM - I prefer the 2nd with that bit of extra colour. Were they handheld or on a tripod?
I don't do these very often, but when I do I tend to use a tripod to control the movement to one axis.
Phil
I don't do these very often, but when I do I tend to use a tripod to control the movement to one axis.
Phil
K-5iiS; K-r; ME Super; ME; DA* 16-50 f2.8; DA 18-135 WR; DA 55-300 WR; HD DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited; FA 50mm f1.4; A50mm f1.7; DAL 18-55mm; M40mm f2.8; + assorted non-Pentax lenses
My Flikr Page link
My Flikr Page link
Posted 02/11/2017 - 22:54
Link
Thanks all! Appreciate theyit be Marmite images. Karlo, in terms of technique, it's just planning the camera vertical and pressing the shutter mid pan up. These two images are 0.3s and 1/4s. Any slower and the motion blur doesn't really show through. Both Re handheld
Gareth Williams ARPS
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Posted 02/11/2017 - 23:08
Link
Thanks Gareth, i'll give that a go within the next week or so.
Karlo
Karlo
Posted 03/11/2017 - 08:22
Link
I also prefer the 2nd image, the extra light, colour and contrast help give the image depth, the top image is comparatively flat. Both look good to my eye.
Posted 03/11/2017 - 12:52
Link
Nice work Gareth. Nice to see something unusual.. I prefer the first shot.. The lighter parts being a little too dominant in the second for me...
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses
Stuart..
Stuart..
Posted 03/11/2017 - 13:33
Link
I get similar shots falling over as I'm taking the photo
Plus I can do it on video as well
--
Plus I can do it on video as well
--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 03/11/2017 - 13:42
Link
Algernon wrote:
I get similar shots falling over as I'm taking the photo
Now you've let out Gareth's secret.
I get similar shots falling over as I'm taking the photo
John K
Posted 03/11/2017 - 19:13
Link
lol! Darn it, you're on to me!
Thanks for all the comments! Appreciate them
The more muted of the two, I have reprocessed a different version of that file where I have pushed it further:

Autumnal Abstract by Gareth Williams, on Flickr
Thanks for all the comments! Appreciate them
The more muted of the two, I have reprocessed a different version of that file where I have pushed it further:

Autumnal Abstract by Gareth Williams, on Flickr
Gareth Williams ARPS
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Posted 03/11/2017 - 23:10
Link
Very nice Gareth... welcome to the land of marmite... look forward to seeing more experimenting as and when...
Best
Best
Posted 05/11/2017 - 09:28
Link
Thanks Mike and Bill
Bill, certainly something I'll be looking into more
Bill, certainly something I'll be looking into more
Gareth Williams ARPS
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


3434 posts
11 years
Barrybados
Pentax K3ii & DA* 16-50mm
In camera movement by Gareth Williams, on Flickr
In camera movement by Gareth Williams, on Flickr
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT