16-45 construction

golfdiesel
Posted 25/08/2007 - 10:35 Link
Is it normal for the 16-45 to slightly wobbly at the front? When you grab the front end of it you can slightly move it about a bit, I didn't really notice it before.
Camera:K20D|Ist*DS|Spotmatic II|MZ-10
Pentax Lenses: DA16-45|DA50-200|50A 1.7
Tamron Lenses: 28-200
Takumar Lenses: SMC 55 1.8
Sigma Lenses: EX DG 50-500 'Bigma'|EX 50mm Macro
Flashes: Metz 58 AF-1|Samsung SEF-36PZF|Pentax AF-220T
johnriley
Posted 25/08/2007 - 10:56 Link
The term "slightly wobbly" is a bit difficult to judge. Why not pop into a dealer and try another off the shelf? If you can find one that is...

Modern AF lenses are not totally rigid and the Pentax 24-90mm is a good example of that. However, it is a matter of degree.

Does the lens still perform OK?
Best regards, John
niblue
Posted 25/08/2007 - 11:02 Link
Quote:
Is it normal for the 16-45 to slightly wobbly at the front? When you grab the front end of it you can slightly move it about a bit, I didn't really notice it before.
Mine does the same so I doubt there is anything wrong with yours.
Daniel Bridge
Posted 25/08/2007 - 11:48 Link
...and mine does too, no problem with the pics though.

Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
golfdiesel
Posted 25/08/2007 - 16:41 Link
so there is nothing to worry about then. It is not visible in the pictures.
I was at a dealer today and I could see and feel that allmost all modern lenses of all manufacturers have the same behaviour.

What was very sad to see at this dealer, a very big one, was that I had to go through the complete store three times to find the Pentax gear. They had one small shelve close to the ground in which only a K100 and a K10 were displayed, no other lenses or optional equipment.
They have Pentax stuff on stock, but only in the warehouse. The rest of the store is filled with copier camera's... The salespeople will never ever advise someone to buy a Pentax and the just say that the Canon and Nikon stuff gives you better value for money...
Camera:K20D|Ist*DS|Spotmatic II|MZ-10
Pentax Lenses: DA16-45|DA50-200|50A 1.7
Tamron Lenses: 28-200
Takumar Lenses: SMC 55 1.8
Sigma Lenses: EX DG 50-500 'Bigma'|EX 50mm Macro
Flashes: Metz 58 AF-1|Samsung SEF-36PZF|Pentax AF-220T
Mannesty
Posted 25/08/2007 - 17:40 Link
I think Pentax ought to hire the company who first thought of bottling water for sale to the general public. What a scam that is, but people all over the world fell for it. It's a bit like joe public being made to believe that CanoNikon cameras offer good value for money . . . .
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
Don
Posted 25/08/2007 - 17:42 Link
I worked in a little photo store once.
The owner was complaining abot the low profit margin on Kodak film.
I pointed out the higher markup on the agfa film. He said very few people buy out of the "Bargian bin".
I took a couple rolls out and did a still life of some flowers, a xmas card styled shot of a teddy bear and wreath, and some night scenics of a local marine museum. I had some 16x20 and 20x30 posters made up, hung them in the store, with signs stating they were shot on agfa 100, and took the "Bargian bin" sign down. Agfa was outselling kodak 4-1 in less than two weeks. Lower cost to customer, bigger profit margin to seller. Better marketing strategy.
Pentax has to find better ways to deal with the stores/sales clerks.
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Clarky
Posted 25/08/2007 - 23:14 Link
Quote:
so there is nothing to worry about then. It is not visible in the pictures.
I was at a dealer today and I could see and feel that allmost all modern lenses of all manufacturers have the same behaviour.

What was very sad to see at this dealer, a very big one, was that I had to go through the complete store three times to find the Pentax gear. They had one small shelve close to the ground in which only a K100 and a K10 were displayed, no other lenses or optional equipment.
They have Pentax stuff on stock, but only in the warehouse. The rest of the store is filled with copier camera's... The salespeople will never ever advise someone to buy a Pentax and the just say that the Canon and Nikon stuff gives you better value for money...
And i thought it was only like that in Australia. Some of our biggest electronics stores dont stock or sell any Pentax gear why do you suppose that is :
Its the small camera stores that deal in Pentax and only limited stock is held : :
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo