1.7 converter & birds
Posted 17/10/2014 - 07:56
Link
They look pretty good to me, Don - particularly like the bokeh in the first. Not sure about the ID of either species, although I could probably find the answers quickly enough. The second looks a bit like a modified house sparrow, with more aerodynamic beak and a couple of go-faster stripes...
I tried a Pentax 1.7 TC on my Sigma 100-300 and it didn't work at all, but it seems to complement the DA 300 perfectly.
I tried a Pentax 1.7 TC on my Sigma 100-300 and it didn't work at all, but it seems to complement the DA 300 perfectly.
Posted 17/10/2014 - 09:00
Link
Thanks Alan and Simon, the first is a Chestnut-breasted Mannikin (finch) and the other is a white-cheeked honyeater.
C&C welcome.
Don.
Don.
Posted 17/10/2014 - 09:11
Link
Good sharp captured, and the browny muted tones of the surrounds complement the bird nicely. Perhaps the subjects themselves could be selected and brightened a little.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 17/10/2014 - 09:50
Link
Don
A pair of lovely images, that look pin sharp to me. I also particulraly like the background to the first one.
The second one may be a 'White Cheeked Honey Eater', but I prefer Simon's description. Perhaps he has invented a new format for the clasification of birds!
Phil
A pair of lovely images, that look pin sharp to me. I also particulraly like the background to the first one.
The second one may be a 'White Cheeked Honey Eater', but I prefer Simon's description. Perhaps he has invented a new format for the clasification of birds!
Phil
K-5iiS; K-r; ME Super; ME; DA* 16-50 f2.8; DA 18-135 WR; DA 55-300 WR; HD DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited; FA 50mm f1.4; A50mm f1.7; DAL 18-55mm; M40mm f2.8; + assorted non-Pentax lenses
My Flikr Page link
My Flikr Page link
Posted 17/10/2014 - 10:27
Link
Nice shots Don - I'm glad you're making good use of it already
Cheers
Cheers
LennyBloke
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2931 posts
18 years
Atherton tablelands,
NQ
These were the first attempt with it.
Don.