'Ere - where's our George got to?
Posted 31/01/2010 - 22:23
Link
Funny you should say that, I was wondering that earlier today too.
K.
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 31/01/2010 - 22:49
Link
Last time he was here did I notice a new location.
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 31/01/2010 - 23:29
Link
The last time I checked with George he was travelling a lot. If I notice that someone is missing I do tend to drop them a PM to see where they have disappeared to.
Best regards, John
Posted 31/01/2010 - 23:55
Link
We exchanged PMs in November and he had just moved house, but he was posting here a couple of weeks ago.
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27, Macbook Pro 17, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr Fluidr PPG Street Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27, Macbook Pro 17, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr Fluidr PPG Street Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 07/02/2010 - 00:11
Link
He is back.
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 07/02/2010 - 00:33
Link
Well spotted, Barrie. I am still extant. Thanks for enquiring, Oggie.
But I no longer have a reliable internet connection, nor reliable electricity, nor much time (my new dwelling needs much work). So I fear I shall be a less prolific (if no less irascible) contributor in the immediate future.
G
But I no longer have a reliable internet connection, nor reliable electricity, nor much time (my new dwelling needs much work). So I fear I shall be a less prolific (if no less irascible) contributor in the immediate future.
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 07/02/2010 - 00:37
Link
From what you're saying, I hope the move was justified.
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 07/02/2010 - 01:08
Link
So do I. Time will tell.
G
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 07/02/2010 - 13:19
Link
Mannesty wrote:
Welcome back George. Are we to understand from your location details that you live on the canal?
If so, be afraid, very afraid.Welcome back George. Are we to understand from your location details that you live on the canal?
That's actually on the mainland.
.
Pentax K-3, DA18-135, DA35 F2.4, DA17-70, DA55-300, FA28-200, A50 F1.7, A100 F4 Macro, A400 F5.6, Sigma 10-20 EXDC, 50-500 F4.5-6.3 APO DG OS Samsung flash SEF-54PZF(x2)
.
Pentax K-3, DA18-135, DA35 F2.4, DA17-70, DA55-300, FA28-200, A50 F1.7, A100 F4 Macro, A400 F5.6, Sigma 10-20 EXDC, 50-500 F4.5-6.3 APO DG OS Samsung flash SEF-54PZF(x2)
.
Posted 07/02/2010 - 13:39
Link
I have acquired a barge. It has been a long-held ambition of mine to live afloat and cruise endlessly like the Flying Dutchman. In my youth, I planned to build an Alden ketch and sail the seven seas, but reality intervened, and the barge is the result.
I'll hold an Open Day for the PU when the weather improves. The K&A is very photogenic, even in the snow.
G
I'll hold an Open Day for the PU when the weather improves. The K&A is very photogenic, even in the snow.
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 07/02/2010 - 14:43
Link
An Alden ketch would have been very nice but I am sure your barge will be more comfortable.
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Posted 07/02/2010 - 15:29
Link
More comfortable? You haven't been on my barge at three in the morning, 13 below, and both fires out. It's been like crossing the Antarctic with Rannulph Fiennes.
Apparently you can pick up an old Alden in the States for silly money. Were I near to Gloucester, Mass., instead of Gloucester, Glos., I would have gone down that route.
There were two Aldens in the '79 Fastnet. They get around.
G
Apparently you can pick up an old Alden in the States for silly money. Were I near to Gloucester, Mass., instead of Gloucester, Glos., I would have gone down that route.
There were two Aldens in the '79 Fastnet. They get around.
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2406 posts
17 years
Worthing
Anyone know where he has got to?