(Almost) no more new pics
Posted 04/08/2013 - 19:48
Link
No, we don't go there Nigel, it always ends in tears. Axel understands that non-Pentax users on the forum need to be marque-neutral. Let's not digress and let's stick with the good wishes.
Best regards, John
Posted 04/08/2013 - 20:44
Link
your work was a new dimension, a reference on this platform, Axel, .. for sure I regret your departure but on the other hand I understand it as well; .. have fun with your new equipment mate,.. I took note of your website anyway
cheers,
nuri
cheers,
nuri
Posted 04/08/2013 - 21:04
Link
Goodnight and good luck Axel, you have a unique style that added much to this forum.
Posted 04/08/2013 - 21:17
Link
Had been wondering where you had gone to. Thanks for some great images a- and enjoy the new 'toy'!
Andy
Andy
Andy
Posted 04/08/2013 - 22:11
Link
senn wrote:
.. for sure I regret your departure but on the other hand I understand it as well
What is it that you understand about it? - or are you not allowed to say ?
.. for sure I regret your departure but on the other hand I understand it as well
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 04/08/2013 - 22:32
Link
AxelLuther wrote:
I don't understand the phobia of Pentax User regarding other brands. The other Pentax Forum has a subforum for other brands as they know a community will always have people that don't rigidly stick to one brand. Smeggypants wrote:
Have fun with it Axel. I was going to ask if you could come back and let us know how you're getting on with it....
I thought, it is not possible to post feedback on other systems in the forum? I am always happy to share and I am anyway not that much a brand believer (I am member of a small photo-group - 4 members, 4 different brands and we have lot's of fun )Have fun with it Axel. I was going to ask if you could come back and let us know how you're getting on with it....
And certainly it is very useful to compare Pentax with different brands. The disallowed by Pentax User to be able to do that is sadly a negative feature of this forum. Oh well, they make the rules as they have the right to. There must be some reason for it, although it makes no sense to me.
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 04/08/2013 - 22:48
Link
Good luck Axel. You're contribution to this forum has been top notch.
Posted 04/08/2013 - 22:52
Link
McGregNi wrote:
Hi Nigel, ..senn wrote:
.. for sure I regret your departure but on the other hand I understand it as well
What is it that you understand about it? - or are you not allowed to say ? .. for sure I regret your departure but on the other hand I understand it as well
I also understand your disappointment .. it is also mine
as for your question ... I don't feel necessay any permission to expose my opinion; .. here is why I understand him : for similar reasons and for some others I was almost leaving Pentax one year ago .. and sometimes I regret I didn't .. on the other hand I have to admit that accepting any controversial debate on Pentax to take place on this platform could put JR in delicate position ..
cheers,
Posted 04/08/2013 - 22:57
Link
Smeggypants wrote:
And certainly it is very useful to compare Pentax with different brands. The disallowed by Pentax User to be able to do that is sadly a negative feature of this forum. Oh well, they make the rules as they have the right to. There must be some reason for it, although it makes no sense to me.
Fully aggree - so to be a bit more precise on John's last comment - I know I should not talk about it - I do NOT understand it. Not listening to those who have some concerns is a good way to not improve and innovate - a nice principle of design thinking approach is: People ignore design that ignores people. PU has so many great photographers - their open discussions on pro AND cons of Ricoh products would be a great opportunity - also for Ricoh.
AxelLuther wrote:
I don't understand the phobia of Pentax User regarding other brands. The other Pentax Forum has a subforum for other brands as they know a community will always have people that don't rigidly stick to one brand. Smeggypants wrote:
Have fun with it Axel. I was going to ask if you could come back and let us know how you're getting on with it....
I thought, it is not possible to post feedback on other systems in the forum? I am always happy to share and I am anyway not that much a brand believer (I am member of a small photo-group - 4 members, 4 different brands and we have lot's of fun )Have fun with it Axel. I was going to ask if you could come back and let us know how you're getting on with it....
And certainly it is very useful to compare Pentax with different brands. The disallowed by Pentax User to be able to do that is sadly a negative feature of this forum. Oh well, they make the rules as they have the right to. There must be some reason for it, although it makes no sense to me.
_____________________________________________
Colors are the lack of darkness
You find more of my pictures here: https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/axelluther or on my web page: www.axel-luther.com
Colors are the lack of darkness
You find more of my pictures here: https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/axelluther or on my web page: www.axel-luther.com
Posted 04/08/2013 - 23:06
Link
Axel -- so sorry (selfishly) that I won't be seeing more of your work here, though fortunately your own website is just a click away. Like others, I've admired your photographs and your inventiveness.
Chris
Chris
Posted 04/08/2013 - 23:45
Link
I know you'll produce quality images regardless of the brand. Enjoy the new kit.
Best regards
Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 05/08/2013 - 14:12
Link
AxelLuther wrote:
... so to be a bit more precise on John's last comment - I know I should not talk about it - I do NOT understand it. Not listening to those who have some concerns is a good way to not improve and innovate - a nice principle of design thinking approach is: People ignore design that ignores people. PU has so many great photographers - their open discussions on pro AND cons of Ricoh products would be a great opportunity - also for Ricoh.
I'm also trying to come at it from a positive point of view. To clearly see what is unique and special, and therefore of value to any individual, what we have needs to be viewed in some wider context to add perspective. ... so to be a bit more precise on John's last comment - I know I should not talk about it - I do NOT understand it. Not listening to those who have some concerns is a good way to not improve and innovate - a nice principle of design thinking approach is: People ignore design that ignores people. PU has so many great photographers - their open discussions on pro AND cons of Ricoh products would be a great opportunity - also for Ricoh.
I have no interest in any other camera system, and I know what it is that is unique and special about my Pentax gear, and I want that shouted loud and clear to all who see this. For me, and my particular photographic needs, my Pentax equipment has provided a fantastic route to high quality DSLR images - a body with many pro-spec features and customisable fine control, and a quality lens system covering most of the range - 14 - 300mm - with the key components being brand new - and all for not much more than £1000.
No other brand could offer that. That's special and unique for me, and would be for many other similar photographers.
Now some other people will see different needs for their equipment, and may identify advantages in the competition. By acknowledging these differences we can both praise and emphasise the positives for Pentax and look to where the brand could widen its appeal.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 05/08/2013 - 14:49
Link
Axel joins a list of very fine Pentaxians who have made the switch to Nikon. I think Pentax would be well served knowing why. The stated aim is to compete and those who have switched, highly competent amateurs and those easily of pro standard, are exactly those who Pentax need to hang on to to be regarded seriously.
There have been moves in the right direction and I'm sure we will learn of new products and new directions soon. However, there are basics that have been neglected such as the woefully out of date lens roadmaps on the company websites that just give the wrong message. I'm fed up of Pentax asking me what colour camera I want; I want a black one, the one option never on the list. I want to know what they are going to offer the serious photographer, the kind that have bought black Nikons.
There have been moves in the right direction and I'm sure we will learn of new products and new directions soon. However, there are basics that have been neglected such as the woefully out of date lens roadmaps on the company websites that just give the wrong message. I'm fed up of Pentax asking me what colour camera I want; I want a black one, the one option never on the list. I want to know what they are going to offer the serious photographer, the kind that have bought black Nikons.
Posted 05/08/2013 - 15:13
Link
I'll certainly be keeping in touch with Axel, his building studies have kept me refreshed in both my leisure and professional photo work.
Sentimentality aside, I think with reference to the K3 thread, Pentax have a clear benchmark and it's 6 months old in release! It will be really interesting to see if they hit it and hopefully exceed it.
Keeping the price of the K5IIs so high when it is out-spec'd is a bit confusing, its a premium that feels directed at their own consumer base.
Theoretically something you could do with any of the other main brands?
Sentimentality aside, I think with reference to the K3 thread, Pentax have a clear benchmark and it's 6 months old in release! It will be really interesting to see if they hit it and hopefully exceed it.
Keeping the price of the K5IIs so high when it is out-spec'd is a bit confusing, its a premium that feels directed at their own consumer base.
McGregNi wrote:
Pentax equipment has provided a fantastic route to high quality DSLR images - a body with many pro-spec features and customisable fine control, and a quality lens system covering most of the range - 14 - 300mm - with the key components being brand new - and all for not much more than £1000.
No other brand could offer that.
? The only way I have keep the cost low, quality high and covered that range with my Pentax system is buying 3rd party lenses, some second hand?Pentax equipment has provided a fantastic route to high quality DSLR images - a body with many pro-spec features and customisable fine control, and a quality lens system covering most of the range - 14 - 300mm - with the key components being brand new - and all for not much more than £1000.
No other brand could offer that.
Theoretically something you could do with any of the other main brands?
Pentax pour des images riches en détails!
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


5986 posts
14 years
Surrey,
England
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver