Visit Asahi Photo Visit Asahi Photo Visit Asahi Photo

Well the camera looks good

puma
Posted 10/05/2012 - 21:52 Link
Seen this today love the camera but well the man I don’t know see link My question is would you use a camera like this
PPG link
fatspider
Posted 10/05/2012 - 22:00 Link
Now that's PROPER photography

I'd happily use it in a studio, but humping it around, definitely not.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
Haworth
Posted 10/05/2012 - 22:23 Link
Quote:
but humping it around, definitely not

'Tis but a pocket camera compared to this one:

Darren Samuelson's big camera that used x-ray film for negatives

I've got a Sinar 5x4 which I have owned for about a year, but have still not used it for anything other that table-top still-lifes. I am itching to use it in the landscape, but it is just finding the time. Must say my results so far have been pretty awful! Takes a lot to use well, and I can really appreciate Terrance Hounsell's skill in producing images to that standard.

H.
'The RAW is the score and the print is the performance' - Apologies to Ansel Adams

Blog
Flickr
Edited by Haworth: 10/05/2012 - 22:27
arno
Posted 10/05/2012 - 22:34 Link
I'd rather go all the way and build one of these:

http://vimeo.com/39578584

puma
Posted 10/05/2012 - 22:41 Link
Haworth wrote:
Quote:
but humping it around, definitely not

'Tis but a pocket camera compared to this one:

Darren Samuelson's big camera that used x-ray film for negatives

I've got a Sinar 5x4 which I have owned for about a year, but have still not used it for anything other that table-top still-lifes. I am itching to use it in the landscape, but it is just finding the time. Must say my results so far have been pretty awful! Takes a lot to use well, and I can really appreciate Terrance Hounsell's skill in producing images to that standard.

H.

Bloody hell
PPG link
Haworth
Posted 10/05/2012 - 22:44 Link
@arno - now that's the Daddy!
'The RAW is the score and the print is the performance' - Apologies to Ansel Adams

Blog
Flickr
NaimKhan
Posted 14/05/2012 - 19:56 Link
My father had a handheld version - you pulled out the front for the bellows and a small lever to 'prime' the camera, after which you could shoot. Used a '120' film. I have plans to get it off him, which I may do when I next go to Pakistan.
PPG

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.