Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Stereo Adapter Set 49mm (Id: 30348)

Dodge
Posted 16/10/2008 - 20:59 Link
I've moved into digital photography and have recently been selling Pentax items, some of which were to people on this forum. There are some items on Ebay at the moment, as you will see from my other thread in this forum.

Anyway, I've got a Pentax Stereo Adapter Set 30348 49mm, which comprises the adapter to fit to the 49mm filter thread on the end of a lens (nominally a 50mm standard for its angle of view) and the viewer which is used to view the slides of the double image.

The set requires the use of slide film, and each slide will contain two images that are approximately the same distance apart as your eyes. When this slide is placed into the viewer and viewed, the image will appear in stereo (3D).

I've used it a little, but it is in great shape, the box slightly scuffed but otherwise ok.

Anyone interested? The set for £50? Make me an offer.

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image
Owned: MX (bought 1980), ME Super, Super A, Optio S4, Espio 120SW (and standby Espio 105SW), Stereo (3D) adaptor, 35-105mm, 70-210mm, 50/1.4, AF200S, AF200T, AF280T.
Sdeve
Posted 16/10/2008 - 21:29 Link
£40 posted if you'll take Paypal.
mikew
Posted 16/10/2008 - 22:12 Link
I've seen results from similar devices and they are remarkable - I could never view my sister in law in quite the same way

Mike
Dodge
Posted 17/10/2008 - 08:11 Link
I have sold things on this forum recently, and without the normal "Ebay protection" (from which both buyer and seller benefit) I must provide a tracking service and insurance. This means that I will be using Royal Mail Special Delivery, at a cost of £6.40.

Any offers to buy this adapter set should reflect this, I can stand the Paypal fee (a decent chap, that's me ).

If a revised offer is forthcoming, perhaps I can do business with whoever is serious about this.

I bought the set new on a whim some years ago from Jessops in Newcastle, probably took 3 slide films with it and that's all the use it has had. It is (with the exception of the box) in mint condition.
Owned: MX (bought 1980), ME Super, Super A, Optio S4, Espio 120SW (and standby Espio 105SW), Stereo (3D) adaptor, 35-105mm, 70-210mm, 50/1.4, AF200S, AF200T, AF280T.
Dodge
Posted 17/10/2008 - 13:11 Link
Now dealing with someone serious.
Edited by Dodge: 17/10/2008 - 13:11
Sdeve
Posted 18/10/2008 - 11:25 Link
Dodge,

Given you invited offers, an offer of £40 on an initial price of £50 is a serious offer, albeit not as 'serious' as if I had said £60 perhaps. The Paypal issue was mentioned only as a way of payment for convenience and speed.

Had you raised the issues of insurance and Paypal as an explanation why you might think my offer was too low, I might have been minded to up the offer. There was certainly no need to dismiss my offer as not being serious, and to further emphasise that opinion in a second post. An offer of £20 might well have justified such a response maybe.

Anyhow, if your 'someone serious' has not completed to your satisfaction, please let me know, and if you give me an indication of what you might regard as a 'serious' offer, I may make it.

Regards
Mike-P
Posted 18/10/2008 - 12:55 Link
This is the main reason I prefer people to post a firm asking price when selling items.
Personally I would have offered the same based on the original post which stated : The set for £50? Make me an offer. so to more or less imply that £40 via Paypal was not a serious offer in a subsequent post was rather unfair in my opinion.
Dodge
Posted 18/10/2008 - 15:08 Link
Oops. Been told off now...

My apologies if any offence was taken; it was certainly not meant. I have this view in life that if you are trying to get someone (or people) to undertake dealings with you, then offending them at the outset is not the best thing to do.

I do have other Pentax equipment to sell, and will take on board your suggestion(s) that a firm price is to be asked (plus postage) first.

Unfortunately, without a strict auction theme in this forum, it does make this kind of selling quite complicated (and prone to this kind of reaction from interested parties). I just went with the first offer that was to my liking. I don't really want to rock the boat here by acting as an auctioneer.

Again, sincere apologies to all, and specially to Sdeve - his offer was indeed serious, but the postage price (not to keep beating on about it) would have taken more of a chunk from it than I was prepared to accept.

The person interested in this set has sent me a cheque, and unless something goes wrong during clearing (which I highly doubt as I have dealt before with them) then I am afraid that this item is sold.
Edited by Dodge: 18/10/2008 - 15:13

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.