Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Portraits with the 77mm Limited

RobL
Posted 24/08/2020 - 20:53 Link
I finally got to put this lens through its paces as a portrait lens yesterday at a (mostly ladies) garden party where I was asked to record the event and photo the guests, and boy did it deliver! This is not my normal milieu and I didn't want to intrude on everybody so a bit of a learning curve, and of course it wasn't like formal portraits so very difficult to control the settings and background. But compared to other lenses there was very little post processing involved other than controlling the highlights and shadows, it delivers gorgeous sharp colour straight out the camera. In fact for many it was a bit too sharp so to avoid some ladies' ire I had to soften slightly. Anyhow here is a handful of samples:
Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image
LennyBloke
Posted 24/08/2020 - 21:13 Link
You've clearly nailed this shoot Rob - you've also summed the lens up accurately with your comment "it delivers gorgeous sharp colour straight out the camera" - the fact that it is such a high quality lens, in such a compact, beautifully engineered package makes it one of my long time favourites
LennyBloke
RobL
Posted 24/08/2020 - 21:50 Link
Thanks LennyBloke, I just noticed no. 6 has odd shadows either side of her face which look deceivingly like clumsy post-processing, so I have had a go at removing them so I hope it looks better:
Comment Image
pschlute
Posted 24/08/2020 - 22:28 Link
Like it. 2 is my favourite but it shows that a good photographer and quality kit will always shine.
davidwozhere
Posted 25/08/2020 - 01:36 Link
Beautiful set - especially the musicians.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
cardiffgareth
Posted 28/08/2020 - 19:14 Link
Some lovely natural poses
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.