Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Pentax K10D body in great condition

ishpuini
Posted 13/03/2008 - 11:08 Link
Hello all,

This will be my first post on this forum, but I've been reading it as a guest regularly for a long time.

I decided to sell my K10D after getting a K20D. The reason why I'm putting it up for sale here too is that I originally purchased this K10D from the UK. As such it has the UK manual and a UK cable attached to the battery charger. I am from Belgium (Antwerp), but got it from the UK as the K10D took some time to come to Belgium at the time and I was in a hurry to get the camera. I got it in December 2006, and as such it is almost 15 months old. My K10D has just passed the 10000th click, which is 10% of the 100000 clicks Pentax guarantees the shutter will last.

It was serviced by the Belgian service center in December 2007, when the camera was calibrated to AF correctly with the two new DA* lenses (DA*16-50 and DA*50-135). Firmware is at version 1.3.

The only visible wear is at the hot shoe, which has a little bit of paint missing because of a turret view finder I have been using for IR photography. The reputed hair crack present in some K10Ds is not there in mine. My K10D has been well cared for!

My web site (http://gallery.ishpuni.be) contains mostly images shot with this camera.

I have been very happy with my K10D and if it hadn't been for the improvements in the K20D I would have been using it for many more years...

The price... I was thinking of asking around £ 375 for it, shipping and handling from Belgium not included. The box is the original one and it includes all the original accessories.

Considering this is my first post here, I have a good reputation on dpreview.com and pentaxforums.com (same user name at both) should you be unsure replying to this offer.

Wim
Gwyn
Posted 13/03/2008 - 11:53 Link
I can vouch for Wim being a good honest character As well as very knowledgeable and helpful. Hope you'll stick around Wim!
If it weren't for kids moving and borrowing money from me left, right and centre I'd be tempted myself.
iceblinker
Posted 13/03/2008 - 12:36 Link
Wim, I think you may need to lower your price - or alternatively include some extras, perhaps a lens or some accessories.

A brand new K10D body can be bought in the UK for £400 from SRS Microsystems - with a free post offer to Pentax User members.

I'm not interested myself as I already have one. Just thought it might be helpful to let you know what you need to compete with.
~Pete
ishpuini
Posted 13/03/2008 - 12:41 Link
iceblinker wrote:
Wim, I think you may need to lower your price - or alternatively include some extras, perhaps a lens or some accessories.

A brand new K10D body can be bought in the UK for £400 from SRS Microsystems - with a free post offer to Pentax User members.

I'm not interested myself as I already have one. Just thought it might be helpful to let you know what you need to compete with.

Thanks! I wasn't aware of that. I just set my price according to the prices I find around here in Belgium.

I'm open to alternative offers.

Wim
MattMatic
Posted 13/03/2008 - 14:05 Link
Quote:

Body only is £355 at the moment from SRS
With the 18-55 it's £399.

And they get in Grade A refurbished stock too at even cheaper prices!
Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
ishpuini
Posted 13/03/2008 - 14:12 Link
MattMatic wrote:

Body only is £355 at the moment from SRS
With the 18-55 it's £399.

And they get in Grade A refurbished stock too at even cheaper prices!
Matt

Wow, I guess I cannot compete with those prices and feel good about it. I had better bids in Belgium, but declined them because I felt the camera was worth more than that (and prices in Belgium are higher, so I felt this justified).

Better get back to these guys and see if they are still interested.

I always had the impression UK Pentax users were complaining about the excessive prices for Pentax gear in the UK? Did things change so drastically or is it just compared to the US and not the rest of the EU?

Anyway, at least this made me finally register on this forum. Guess you'll see me around more frequently now...

Wim
MattMatic
Posted 13/03/2008 - 14:16 Link
Quote:
I always had the impression UK Pentax users were complaining about the excessive prices for Pentax gear in the UK? Did things change so drastically or is it just compared to the US and not the rest of the EU?

It's because the K20D has just come out and the K10D is dropping off the price list fast
...still hanging onto mine as I can't afford the K20D yet...
Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
promhandicam
Posted 13/03/2008 - 15:30 Link
I've just taken advantage of the great price that SRS are offering on the K10D (upgrading from the *istD) - GBP355 with 2 years warranty. The K20D is down to GBP759 - GBP799 with the MKII 18-55 lens. In view of the price drop, I think you'd be lucky to get GBP300 for it especially here because as Iceblinker points out SRS offer free postage to forum members and even non forum members only pay GBP8 for postage.

HTH, Steve
rparmar
Posted 14/03/2008 - 17:03 Link
Also, going eBay rate from USA sellers is equivalent to £330 and that often includes freebies like memory cards. Still not cheap enough for me to bother upgrading.

One thing you might want to consider is the value of keeping a backup body.
Mannesty
Posted 14/03/2008 - 17:08 Link
rparmar wrote:
Also, going eBay rate from USA sellers is equivalent to £330 and that often includes freebies like memory cards. Still not cheap enough for me to bother upgrading.

One thing you might want to consider is the value of keeping a backup body.

That'll be £330 + Import duty + VAT. Not so cheap after all.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.