Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Bits of a Black Dog

Lubbyman
Posted 14/07/2020 - 21:26 Link
Not so much spot the dog, more spot the bits of a dog and how they fit together!

Late at night with camera in hand, spotted the dog sleeping, she wouldn't even acknowledge my presence. I've wanted to get this view of her for a long while. Didn't want to use flash and wake her so hand held, 1/15 sec, ISO 1600 which means not as sharp as it might be. The Sigma 105mm macro was on the K3 so that's what had to be used.

I wish I was as flexible as she is (over 90 in doggy years...)

Comment Image

Steve
pschlute
Posted 14/07/2020 - 23:23 Link
Trying to work this out. I can make out the tail. So is that her head, upside down next to it ?
myles
Posted 15/07/2020 - 00:08 Link
Her nose is tucked into the crook of her front leg/arm and the tip of the tail is lying between her right eye and ear. I'm thinking she's a black Lab?
Lubbyman
Posted 15/07/2020 - 08:17 Link
pschlute wrote:
Trying to work this out. I can make out the tail. So is that her head, upside down next to it ?

Correct so far...

myles wrote:
Her nose is tucked into the crook of her front leg/arm and the tip of the tail is lying between her right eye and ear.

Nearly but not quite.

myles wrote:
I'm thinking she's a black Lab?

Black mongrel. When we first got her (rescue dog) the vet said she was a lurcher so that's what she's been ever since. No idea what's in her ancestry!

Steve
pschlute
Posted 15/07/2020 - 09:51 Link
Quite the gymnast
LennyBloke
Posted 15/07/2020 - 20:11 Link
Dog Origami :
LennyBloke
Lubbyman
Posted 15/07/2020 - 23:30 Link
OK, it's time for the Big Reveal. Myles was almost right, but her nose is tucked under her rear leg - she can curl into a very tight ball! I would not like my nose to be where hers is .

Now for last night's strange position. Somewhere in here are parts of a head, ear, tail, front leg, rear leg and front paw. Even I was initially puzzled about where the paw came from!

Comment Image

Steve

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.