Visit Asahi Photo Visit Asahi Photo Visit Asahi Photo

PENTAX K10D + DA16-45 KIT FOR SALE

patomlin
Posted 04/10/2008 - 20:12 Link
Having moved onwards and upwards I have a K10D and 16-45 DA ED lens for sale. The lens is in perfect condition - no hazing or fungus (it's pretty new anyway). The K10D is in almost perfect condition (just one small graze on one of the corners.

I will be supplying a 67mm UV filter and a 2GB SD Sandisk Extreme III card with the camera.

Price = £520 ono

I'm also looking to sell a few other pentax items - Sigma 70-300 APO DG lens, or a D-BG2 battery grip or a 540fgz flash Let me know if you're interested in any of these other items.

I will accept bank transfer or Paypal payments (preferred).

Please let me know if you want any more photos for verification purposes.
And thanks for looking!
Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image
Edited by patomlin: 04/10/2008 - 20:12
dennis25
Posted 05/10/2008 - 00:43 Link
D-BG2 battery grip and 540fgz flash price.Thanks

please email me [email protected]
mikenya
Posted 05/10/2008 - 07:37 Link
Price for battery grip and flash please,

please email to [email protected]
Mike-P
Posted 05/10/2008 - 08:20 Link
I asked Paul about the grip last night and this was his reply.
If I am out of line posting it here then let me know paul but it may get you a sale

hi i've got it listed on ebay. I paid £98 for it new, so looking for anything around £80-£85 as it's had little use, plus is supplied with a battery (copy) and a 1GB SD card.

It's got a few watchers on ebay so let me know if you're defo interested.

Thanks!

Paul
Gwyn
Posted 05/10/2008 - 08:48 Link
Instead of putting e mail addresses on the forum it would be much better to use the PM (Private Message) facility.
It would also be good to know where the OP is, and whether he will send abroad, given then international nature of the forum.
Daniel Bridge
Posted 05/10/2008 - 09:08 Link
Mike-P wrote:
hi i've got it listed on ebay...

If it's already listed on ebay, then it shouldn't be offered here (other than as a link to that auction).

Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
Mannesty
Posted 05/10/2008 - 10:17 Link
1st post from a new member offering to sell HAC goods. Questionable. How are we to know that these items did not recently belong to someone else? Of course this sale may well be genuine and I've no desire to offend the OP if it is, but how do we know?

HAC = Highly Attractive Consumable.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
mikew
Posted 05/10/2008 - 10:19 Link
Cripes we're a welcoming lot aren't we

Give the guy a break he just wants an easy sale.

My guess is that knock off gear is flogged down the pub.

Mike
Mike-P
Posted 05/10/2008 - 10:27 Link
He did give me his Ebay username where the grip and other items are listed but I held back posting that as it was sent via pm and I had no idea if he would want it posted publicly.
His feedback is excellent though ...
Mannesty
Posted 05/10/2008 - 10:36 Link
mikew wrote:
Cripes we're a welcoming lot aren't we

Give the guy a break he just wants an easy sale.

My guess is that knock off gear is flogged down the pub.

Mike

You may well be right mike but the OP could have informed us of his/her ebay user name or included a link to his/her auctions.

To the OP. It's against ebay rules to offer an item for sale elsewhere when it's in a current auction.
Gwyn
Posted 05/10/2008 - 10:38 Link
It is still a weird first posting, especially as he already has the items listed on e-bay. I have no idea how e-bay works to be honest as I have never used it but surely if they are already listed there then he has to sell them via e-bay?

This is a forum, not a market place, after all. This posting has attracted new members who have only signed up to find out about what he has for sale. I hope they will become active members but I have my doubts. If they were lurking and were only inspired to join by this advert them the chances of them taking part further are slim.
MattMatic
Posted 05/10/2008 - 10:40 Link
Searched ebay:
Pauly_T I believe is the set
Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
iceblinker
Posted 05/10/2008 - 14:23 Link
Gwyn wrote:
It is still a weird first posting, especially as he already has the items listed on e-bay. I have no idea how e-bay works to be honest as I have never used it but surely if they are already listed there then he has to sell them via e-bay?

No. An eBay listing can be be ended early (cancelled) if it has no bids yet, or if it is Buy It Now, then the seller can sell it outside eBay privately. Actually, bids can be cancelled too, though generally that is not acceptable practice.

Quote:
This is a forum, not a market place, after all. This posting has attracted new members who have only signed up to find out about what he has for sale. I hope they will become active members but I have my doubts. If they were lurking and were only inspired to join by this advert them the chances of them taking part further are slim.

I suggest and request that adverts on this forum should not be spoiled and moaned about unless there is good reason to suspect fraud. Merely regarding something as "weird" or "odd" is not good enough. It is not fair to the seller. You wouldn't like it if someone spoiled an advert of yours.

If there is a rule that only regular contributers to the forum can advertise then that should be made clearer. If there isn't a rule, and people want one, then perhaps one should be introduced. Until then, you should just live and let live, IMHO.
~Pete
Edited by iceblinker: 05/10/2008 - 14:26
Mannesty
Posted 05/10/2008 - 15:02 Link
Iceblinker,

As Gwyn says, that is a forum, mainly meant for discussion.

My personal opinion is that a first posting offering to sell expensive camera equipment without much introduction is reason enough to be suspicious, even if that suspicion turns out to be unfounded.

There is absolutely no reference to the fact that these items are on ebay in the original posting. There should have been, and if there were, this thread would have attracted less criticism.

Another observation is that the OP hasn't returned.
Edited by Mannesty: 05/10/2008 - 15:03
iceblinker
Posted 05/10/2008 - 15:19 Link
I might do the same thing as this seller if I was selling Pentax equipment and wasn't already frequenting the forum. It's natural to want to advertise your gear as widely as possible. It may be taking advantage of the forum, but I don't see it as suspicious.

The OP posted less than 24 hours ago, so it's a bit early to note that the seller hasn't returned.

I suggest that people (including new posters) should be given the benefit of the doubt.

If you don't want new posters to advertise then that is not a matter that should be raised in the middle of someone's ad.

It's not just new posters who get this kind of response anyway. There is a generally moany response to anything at all "odd" advertised here. It's mean spirited.
~Pete

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.