Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

our website revamp

Gordon Holmes
Posted 01/01/2010 - 15:50 Link
Just a quick message to say that our Website has had a slight re-vamp,
Nothing visual as such but more on the technical side, if you do visit the site and find any minor glitches please feel free to let us know.
snappychappy
Posted 01/01/2010 - 18:05 Link
Very nice site, cant fault it.
mikew
Posted 01/01/2010 - 18:13 Link
Spelling mistake on about us 'there' should be 'their' with ref to web site. 'Be' should be 'been'. Also I suggest you don't build 'upon' a websiute but build 'up' a website but I could well be wrong. Lowercase i for I and at that point I gave up!

One question was a Prinzflex really a Zenit B? I thought it was Japanese - a Cosina?

Mike
---------------------------------------------------

You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
techno-terminator
Posted 01/01/2010 - 18:23 Link
Good catch on the 'i' errors Mike I missed those but have emailed with the other things I spotted.

It's a sad fact , but no-one should do their own proof reading - you always read what you think you said and not what you actually said .
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
hefty1
Posted 01/01/2010 - 18:48 Link
mikew wrote:
One question was a Prinzflex really a Zenit B? I thought it was Japanese - a Cosina?

Prinzflex was a Dixons brand and they re-badged many cameras from many manufacturers, including both Zenit B and E models according to Camerapedia.org.

I've got a broken Prinzflex 500 (Zenit B) sat in my spares box; the plastic nameplate on the front of the prism is literally glued over the top of the existing "Zenit" engraving - not exactly a subtle conversion!
Joining the Q
mikew
Posted 01/01/2010 - 18:56 Link
Technoidiot : bang on - no-one should do there own proof reading, I am terrible at it!

Hefty - thanks for that. I didn't recall anyone badging the Russian cameras. Is the 500 on the Prinzflex because it had a top speed of 1/500th?

Mike

hefty1
Posted 01/01/2010 - 19:06 Link
mikew wrote:
Hefty - thanks for that. I didn't recall anyone badging the Russian cameras. Is the 500 on the Prinzflex because it had a top speed of 1/500th?

Correct. And the Prinzflex 500E was a re-badging of the Zenit E, so more of the same but with the addition of a selenium meter built into a modified top plate.

In fact under the skin all those Zenits were basically running on a chassis which was a direct copy of a Leica III (but which had had a mirror box / pentaprism added), hence the limited number of shutter speeds compared to contemporary rivals.
Joining the Q
Gordon Holmes
Posted 01/01/2010 - 20:20 Link
Thanks everyone for your comments,its always best to have a pair of 'fresh eyes' look it over, And yes the Prinzflex was a Zenith, it came from Dixons...prinz was its brand name.

Thanks
mikew
Posted 01/01/2010 - 20:30 Link
Quote:
In fact under the skin all those Zenits were basically running on a chassis which was a direct copy of a Leica III (but which had had a mirror box / pentaprism added), hence the limited number of shutter speeds compared to contemporary rivals.

Good lord I never realised there was a relationship between Leica design and the tank that was the Zenit. The one a thing of elegance and a joy to hold the other something of a brute, effective but a brute.

The very fast shutter speeds were just vanity most of the time (IMO). How often did you really need 1/1000th?

Mike

Daniel Bridge
Posted 01/01/2010 - 22:05 Link
Says 'Prinzflez' on your website Gordon. Can't believe no one else pointed that out.

Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
Mannesty
Posted 02/01/2010 - 09:28 Link
First paragraph on your home page reads, "share a interest" - that should read "share an interest"

Copyright panel at bottom middle of home page suggests using 'the email us button' - The button referred to is actually entitled 'Email Me'

Paragraph on 'About Gordon Holmes' reads "a Prinzflez (Zenit E) soon follow by a Pentax MV" - that should read "a Prinzflex (Zenit E) soon followed by a Pentax MV"

"moody-contrasty Monochrome Landscapes images" - should read "moody, contrasty, monochrome landscape images"

The line spacing of the About Gordon/Nathan Holmes columns are different.

PM me for my proof reading rates if you want me to do any more
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
Edited by Mannesty: 02/01/2010 - 09:30

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.