all comments gladly received...

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image
Learn how to live and you'll know how to die; learn how to die, and you'll know how to live.

Check out ones photographs on Flickr!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/awprentice/
McGregNi
Posted 02/09/2015 - 21:49 Link
The best here for me are the ones with the reflective glass, which take on a special style and give them the edge. They all have their 'moments' and creative flair. The DR of your little camera has been stretched in this set, with some challenging contrasty conditions .... a couple could only be dealt with by fill-flash ... but I can guess the chances of that happening!!
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Edited by McGregNi: 02/09/2015 - 21:50
Dingo
Posted 03/09/2015 - 02:18 Link
Love ALL of them.

There is always so much going on in your street photography, much of it subtle and interpretive to the individual viewer. but with a overriding sense of dynamism and volatility below the surface.

ps you still haven't sent me the royalties from my last review you asked me to do

pps Only kidding folks, genuinely love these

pp....is there another s? still want that money dude
Posted 03/09/2015 - 08:29 Link
Dingo wrote:
Love ALL of them.

There is always so much going on in your street photography, much of it subtle and interpretive to the individual viewer. but with a overriding sense of dynamism and volatility below the surface.

ps you still haven't sent me the royalties from my last review you asked me to do

pps Only kidding folks, genuinely love these

pp....is there another s? still want that money dude

Once more thanks again for the kind comments... money? I've barely enough money for myself never mind giving it out!
Learn how to live and you'll know how to die; learn how to die, and you'll know how to live.

Darkmunk
Posted 03/09/2015 - 10:12 Link
I can see what you're doing with the contrast and that edgy black & white style, but I find that that aspect it is all I see in these
I think if you're going to adopt such a graphic approach, the compositions need to be flawless and the narrative more apparent.
I'm also not keen on stealth shooting, from the hip etc. I think it's rude and the last shot makes me feel really uncomfortable.
That's just this set though; normally I am very impressed with your street portraits
Posted 03/09/2015 - 12:40 Link
Darkmunk wrote:
I can see what you're doing with the contrast and that edgy black & white style, but I find that that aspect it is all I see in these
I think if you're going to adopt such a graphic approach, the compositions need to be flawless and the narrative more apparent.
I'm also not keen on stealth shooting, from the hip etc. I think it's rude and the last shot makes me feel really uncomfortable.
That's just this set though; normally I am very impressed with your street portraits

I appreciate where you are coming from. This kind of photography isnt for everyone. Asking strangers for their portrait isnt exactly street either so I find myself drifting from one to the other. However, I think these shots show the versatility of the Q system and how edgy the monochrome setting can be

Mag07
Posted 03/09/2015 - 15:35 Link
I really like all of them. Street photography for me is somewhat a tricky subject. Most 'known' street photographers out there whose work I have had the chance to see I found incredibly dull. I've personally seen one setting up a street scene - which kind of defeats the purpose lol.

Yours have incredible character. There is an atmosphere that I can almost feel. They come across as genuinely 'street'. Interesting subjects and compo/angles. Particularly like the umbrella dude. Thank god you used no flash. It would not have been the same! Possibly great too, but in a different kind of way.

There is time, place and need for perfection in every aspect. For me, street photography is about capturing the feel of the moment and you have done an awesome job in my amateur eyes
'Photography...it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten....' (Aaron Siskind)
Edited by Mag07: 03/09/2015 - 15:36
Algernon
Posted 03/09/2015 - 16:52 Link
These aren't selfies so they must be somebodyelfies

Very good.

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Posted 06/09/2015 - 16:44 Link
THANK YOU
Mag07 wrote:
I really like all of them. Street photography for me is somewhat a tricky subject. Most 'known' street photographers out there whose work I have had the chance to see I found incredibly dull. I've personally seen one setting up a street scene - which kind of defeats the purpose lol.

Yours have incredible character. There is an atmosphere that I can almost feel. They come across as genuinely 'street'. Interesting subjects and compo/angles. Particularly like the umbrella dude. Thank god you used no flash. It would not have been the same! Possibly great too, but in a different kind of way.

There is time, place and need for perfection in every aspect. For me, street photography is about capturing the feel of the moment and you have done an awesome job in my amateur eyes

StephenHampshire
Posted 06/09/2015 - 20:17 Link
I do like these, and street photography is not something I normally get to excited about. The ones with reflections work particularly well.....out of interest, what is your "hit rate" ? or is that a trade secret?

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.