Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

My 2017 in photos

Jonathan-Mac
Posted 25/01/2018 - 07:16 Link
As is the tradition now, I'll join in by posting twelve of my favourite images from 2017 which represent my year. Not one per month but a good spread that covers from the first days of January to boxing day.

2017 was maybe the most photographically varied year of my life, mostly due to the amount of travelling and other things I've done - trips to Edinburgh, Japan, Aragón in the north-east of Spain, my first ever music festival and a trip in a hot-air balloon... I also shot quite a bit of film as well as digital, and I hope that my photographic and post-processing skills have improved too over the last trip around the sun.

So picking just twelve images from such a year was extremely difficult, but I think they represent my year fairly well. I've put them in (more-or-less) chronological order, so that they tell the story of my year (at least for me).

I hope 2018 is as productive, and we kicked it off with 11 days in Italy, which is not a bad start. I have my fingers crossed to manage a short trip to Paris (photographic heaven??) in February too.

Comment Image

Looking out
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

Comment Image

IMGP7732a

Comment Image

Mad Cool 2017, SFXn, Superia Premium 400 020a (Ryan Adams)

Comment Image

Mad Cool 2017, SFXn, Lomography CN 400 071a

Comment Image

Tokyo

Comment Image

Tokyo

Comment Image

Tokyo

Comment Image

Japan Pentax MX Ilford Delta 400 037a

Comment Image

Japan Pentax MX Ilford Delta 400 149a

Comment Image

IMGP9302a

Comment Image

2017-11-06_10-56-26

Comment Image

IMGP3212a
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X and Panasonic L digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Posted 25/01/2018 - 08:25 Link
Johnathan

An enjoyable set - will look at these in more detail when at home

I love the top and bottom ones
Learn how to live and you'll know how to die; learn how to die, and you'll know how to live.

Check out ones photographs on Flickr!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/awprentice/
pschlute
Posted 25/01/2018 - 08:35 Link
Nice selection. I like number 9 and 7, but the stand out one for me is the first. Critically focused and super DOF
davidtrout
Posted 25/01/2018 - 10:40 Link
A very good and varied selection from a productive year of photography. I envy your travel opportunities which you exploited to the full. If you get to Paris and if you like modern architecture you will find a visit to La Defense rewarding.
David
Edited by davidtrout: 25/01/2018 - 10:40
derek897
Posted 25/01/2018 - 17:48 Link
Hard to pick a fav from these.
Lovely set and as above am envious of your travels
I know what i like, If not always why.
NaimKhan
Posted 25/01/2018 - 21:11 Link
Lovely set. Liked them all.
PPG
davidwozhere
Posted 26/01/2018 - 01:17 Link
This lot is wonderful. And the last one more so.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
Jonathan-Mac
Posted 26/01/2018 - 07:49 Link
davidtrout wrote:
A very good and varied selection from a productive year of photography. I envy your travel opportunities which you exploited to the full. If you get to Paris and if you like modern architecture you will find a visit to La Defense rewarding.
David

Many thanks everyone.

I went out to La Defense the last time I was in Paris (having not had time the first time) but the arch was almost entirely covered in scaffolding. I did get some interesting distance shots of the city from there though, especially the original Arc.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X and Panasonic L digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.