Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Finally, a nice day!

GivingTree
Posted 05/04/2009 - 00:37 Link
The sun finally showed up and my photo group went to a garden today. I love pink.

Comment Image
"Just put your eye to the camera and push the button-thingy."
Flickr page:
link
George Lazarette
Posted 05/04/2009 - 00:42 Link
I rather like that.

Gorgeous colour and a lovely 3-D look to the picture.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
fatspider
Posted 05/04/2009 - 00:56 Link
Nice shot Emily.

I would crop the tree on the right so its about the same width as the one on the left, but not so much as to cut into that full tulip.

And as a personal preferance I'd have adjusted the levels slightly to give it a bit more punch and perhaps tried a more pastel appraoch and thrown it out of focus, but thats just me, its still a vary nice image as it stands.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
pschlute
Posted 05/04/2009 - 01:00 Link
Very nice image...focus and DOF is spot on.I also like the way you got low for the shot.
GivingTree
Posted 05/04/2009 - 03:48 Link
Thanks for comments.

spider, I've attempted your suggestions. But I'm not sure how to achieve more punch and more pastel at the same time. Here's the image redone:

Comment Image
Flickr page:
link
jaco
Posted 05/04/2009 - 09:24 Link
very nice photo indeed, which lens did you use ?
claudio
DA*16-50
johnriley
Posted 05/04/2009 - 09:31 Link
A breath of fresh air, delightful!
Best regards, John
fatspider
Posted 05/04/2009 - 10:14 Link
Quote:
spider, I've attempted your suggestions. But I'm not sure how to achieve more punch and more pastel at the same time. Here's the image redone:

Thats much better Emily T felt the tree on the right was too dominant and left the image unbalanced, its much better with the crop.

Sorry, very bad choice of words (it was late) I meant try it both ways, either with more punch or as a more pastel version, it might not work and you may still prefer the original but try it and see.

And Peter is right the DoF is spot on.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
ttk
Posted 05/04/2009 - 11:12 Link
Very nice Emily love the way they are all standing up, nice colour and detail
Tel,
terje-l
Posted 05/04/2009 - 12:03 Link
The picture is lovely, reminds me of the spring which is about to come to our latitudes also. Also illustrates how right it is to photograph flowers at flower level .

But I cannot see the difference between the two images above.
Best regards
Terry

K20D, Optio I10, DA 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 AL II, A 1:1.7/50, D FA 1:2.8/100 Macro, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG Macro, Pentax AF 360FGZ
Prieni
Posted 05/04/2009 - 13:26 Link
Excellent, very nice shot. It would be absolutely stunning with a plain background (though that was apparently impossible).

Prieni
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page
Aiki
Posted 05/04/2009 - 13:59 Link
Beautiful. Nice colour. Like a forest of tulips

( I do not see difference with the second pic.)

It makes to long for spring. Tulips in my garden are about 1-3 cm long.....in the warmer places. Some snow even left where sun can seldom visit.
Aiki

----
Pentax K20D; SMC DA 18-55mm II kit; Sigma AF 70-300/4-5.6 APO DG MACRO
GIMP Flickr
PPG
GivingTree
Posted 05/04/2009 - 15:39 Link
Thx!

There's not much difference between the two, very slight levels adjustment (made the pink a bit more vibrant) and the right-side crop.

Claudio, I used the 18-55mm kit lens. (f/9.5, 45mm)
Flickr page:
link
Posted 05/04/2009 - 16:01 Link
im pretty certain there is no crop in the second one...r u sure you gave the right link
actually i just went to the link for both and after flicking between the two for while im pretty certain they are the same
sorry
la
George Lazarette
Posted 05/04/2009 - 18:32 Link
Jerome_toole wrote:
im pretty certain there is no crop in the second one...r u sure you gave the right link
actually i just went to the link for both and after flicking between the two for while im pretty certain they are the same
sorry

I suggest you book an appointment with your optician. The tree on the right has almost disappeared in the second picture.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.