Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

BTCC Oulton Park 2017

carmagw
Posted 24/05/2017 - 10:32 Link
Few from last weekends British Touring Car Championship.

Weather varied from dull, torrential rain and glorious sunshine !

K5iis & DA*50+-135
K1 & DFA 150-450

No 1
Comment Image

No 2
Comment Image

No 3
Comment Image

No 4
Comment Image

No 5
Comment Image

No 6
Comment Image

No 7
Comment Image

No 8
Comment Image

No 9
Comment Image

No 10
Comment Image

No 11
Comment Image

No 12
Comment Image

No 13
Comment Image

No 14
Comment Image

Thanks for looking

Regards

George
Gajan
Posted 24/05/2017 - 11:43 Link
Nice captures! Can't guess which camera lens combination was used for which shot though . Anyone?
Best Regards,

Gajan

Flickr : link

Pentax K-1, D-FA 28-105mm, FA 77mm, D FA 100mm Macro
Pentax K-5, 18-135 mm, 55-300mm
Pentax K100D Super, 18-55mm
bforbes
Posted 24/05/2017 - 13:19 Link
Nice set, but the first one is really special. i think the reflection on the tarmac is great.
stu62
Posted 24/05/2017 - 21:56 Link
i quite like the walk of shame looks like he wants to cry
jeallen01
Posted 24/05/2017 - 22:32 Link
Ref the "Walk of Shame", today's Motor Sport News (MSN) included comments from various competitors that the "carnage" at the start of the first BTCC round on Saturday was due in large part to the rolling start which meant that many cars were running relatively quickly at the Start line in damp conditions on a relatively narrow track (Oulton is like that from what I read) - and that rolling starts on such narrow tracks when it is damp/raining should now cease. So don't entirely blame that driver!
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)
truckerathome
Posted 26/05/2017 - 11:24 Link
Gajan wrote:
Nice captures! Can't guess which camera lens combination was used for which shot though . Anyone?

An easy way to find out is to install Mozilla Firefox as a extra browser and use that. Go to add-on`s and search for FxIF and integrate it into the browser, then any picture you right click on will bring up a menu with FxIF data showing on it. Click on that and all picture information for that photo will be shown in a pop up box (providing the info has been included). Info also includes shutter speeds, aperture, camera used, focal length, date, whether flash was used and a bit more too. Its very helpful as use to a guide as to how pictures were taken.

According to the info shown using FxIF data, all taken with the 50-135 except for numbers 8,12 & 14 that were taken with 150-450. Hope that is of help

Martin
Edited by truckerathome: 26/05/2017 - 11:29
Gajan
Posted 28/05/2017 - 20:46 Link
truckerathome wrote:
Gajan wrote:

An easy way to find out is to install Mozilla Firefox as a extra browser and use that. Go to add-on`s and search for FxIF and integrate it into the browser, then any picture you right click on will bring up a menu with FxIF data showing on it. Click on that and all picture information for that photo will be shown in a pop up box (providing the info has been included). Info also includes shutter speeds, aperture, camera used, focal length, date, whether flash was used and a bit more too. Its very helpful as use to a guide as to how pictures were taken.

According to the info shown using FxIF data, all taken with the 50-135 except for numbers 8,12 & 14 that were taken with 150-450. Hope that is of help

Martin

Martin, thank you for taking time to elaborate on obtaining equipment data directly from a browser.

What I really meant was I couldn't correctly guess the equipment used to take these pictures just by looking at them. I appreciate both "K5iis & DA*50+-135" and " K1 & DFA 150-450" have the capability to produce outstanding images. However, considering the cost aspect of the latter, I could not distinguish the images with my amateurish eyes. Probably I can tell them apart if I were to view these pictures at their full resolution on a 4k monitor? I know this is about APS-C vs full-frame, but I couldn't resist thinking aloud on this having looked at these images.

Cheers.
Gajan
Best Regards,

Gajan

Flickr : link

Pentax K-1, D-FA 28-105mm, FA 77mm, D FA 100mm Macro
Pentax K-5, 18-135 mm, 55-300mm
Pentax K100D Super, 18-55mm

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.