Visit Asahi Photo Visit Asahi Photo Visit Asahi Photo

Boats, Ships, Yachts etc.

LennyBloke
Posted 27/08/2022 - 16:46 Link
Please take this as a compliment (as that is how it's meant) - quite a few of your photos are typical views of coastal subjects, but they are just so nicely and cleanly done. Your compositions take into account foregrounds, potentially distracting subjects, and backgrounds. You don't over-process or add effects - just nice, straightforward, enjoyable photography Keep em coming
LennyBloke
Posted 28/08/2022 - 10:17 Link
LennyBloke wrote:
Please take this as a compliment (as that is how it's meant) -

Thankyou, no worries re. 'woke' - as thick skinned, all compliments greatly accepted.

"quite a few of your photos are typical views of coastal subjects, but they are just so nicely and cleanly done. Your compositions take into account foregrounds, potentially distracting subjects, and backgrounds. You don't over-process or add effects - just nice, straightforward, enjoyable photography Keep em coming

My photos are really just snaps as I'm no professional, not had any training courses or in been in any photography clubs etc.
I'm not after winning competitions, my post processing is in it's infancy (and probably my picture taking LOL), and I'm still feeling my way around this forum's etiquette and who's who in here.
Posted 30/08/2022 - 21:22 Link
The Brittany Ferries Pont Aven departs Plymouth at Sunset and high tide, SOOC K1 mkII.

Comment Image
Edited by loadoftripe: 30/08/2022 - 21:23
LennyBloke
Posted 31/08/2022 - 20:44 Link
...and the ferry takes second place to that magnificent sky
LennyBloke
neiljgriffs
Posted 31/08/2022 - 21:37 Link
love the detail in the clouds, really make it for me. Do you mind me asking what settings you use for this type of light ?
Posted 01/09/2022 - 12:45 Link
neiljgriffs wrote:
love the detail in the clouds, really make it for me. Do you mind me asking what settings you use for this type of light ?

Neil,
I used 1 & 1/2 stop underexposure, 1/180th sec and IIRC still on my tripod, I took many shots, some with a Grad filter but when the sun went behind clouds or down fully I removed it. This one probably had the grad filter on, f11, manual, ISO 100, metering=multi-segment, White balance = cloudy, custome image set to 'Bright'.
I tried various exposures and then pick and choose, highlights typically get blown but wondered if I could play in PP, all shot using Liveview BTW with 2 sec timer, this shot was SOOC.
neiljgriffs
Posted 01/09/2022 - 21:00 Link
thank you, that helps encourage me to play about a bit more in low light
Posted 09/05/2023 - 09:45 Link
Charlestown, Cornwall.

Comment Image
Posted 13/05/2023 - 19:30 Link
Black and White - picture taken on Thursday in Plymouth;

Comment Image

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.