Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Matt Matic's Pentax dSLR Flash Guide

JPC1970
Posted 23/02/2009 - 14:22 Link
Yep got it, Thanks Matt

Jason
K30 & 18-55mm WR.
Posted 20/03/2009 - 19:40 Link
Got it within 12hrs. Thorough and well written. This will definitely help me in my adventures.

Thanks Matt!!
MattMatic
Posted 20/03/2009 - 22:12 Link
Let me know how it improves your adventures!
Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
Posted 29/03/2009 - 00:48 Link
Matt I know your work is good, but do you realise we are in a recession( at least in my part of the country we are). It looks like I will have to fork out the £5 as it is an area i am interested in as I strive to compare my work with the professionals.
Don
Posted 29/03/2009 - 03:41 Link
JoeHarryJames wrote:
Matt I know your work is good, but do you realise we are in a recession( at least in my part of the country we are). It looks like I will have to fork out the £5 as it is an area i am interested in as I strive to compare my work with the professionals.

still a bargain, compared to buying hardcover books that aren't Pentax specific... or going to college.... buying a flashmeter... etc....
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
MattMatic
Posted 29/03/2009 - 07:08 Link
Joe - it's hitting us too... one reason the book was £5, not £15.
And the amount of work and effort it took to write the e-book was enormous A fair bit of the info is available for free on this very thread
Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
Edited by MattMatic: 29/03/2009 - 07:09
shim
Posted 29/03/2009 - 09:56 Link
JoeHarryJames wrote:

Your work will never compare with professionals who have willingly invested thousands of pounds going to conferences and lectures given by people who are at the very top of the profession, as well as buying books costing hundreds of pounds.

shim
johnriley
Posted 29/03/2009 - 10:26 Link
Quote:
Your work will never compare with professionals

I wouldn't discourage anyone like that, there are some very very good amateur photographers who are better than some professionals.
Best regards, John
womble
Posted 29/03/2009 - 11:17 Link
johnriley wrote:
Quote:

I wouldn't discourage anyone like that, there are some very very good amateur photographers who are better than some professionals.

I couldn't agree more. And, TBH, you can read as many books as you like and attend as many conferences as you like but (a) having a good eye and (b) trying it out as much as possible makes more difference.

I, personally, wouldn't ever want to turn professional. If I go out for a day taking photos and do not get something I really like I am disappointed, but I am the only person who is!
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
shim
Posted 29/03/2009 - 13:58 Link
He was only talking about professionals, not amateurs. The truly creative people who move photography forward realize that their knowledge is worth quite a lot of money. Wedding Photography in this country and worldwide was quite dour and dying in the 70's when along came Bill Stockwell (USA) who gave it a massive shakeup (on both sides of the atlantic) and changed the way it was done. I know people who paid £50 for his wedding photography book in the mid 70's (probably about 2 weeks wages) and extra to go on his and Rocky Gunns wedding seminars...... and wedding photography was saved. Photographers were no longer poor people who couldn't afford a tin of paint to tidy up their shabby studios

shim
Posted 30/03/2009 - 00:36 Link
johnriley wrote:
Quote:

Well spoken Womble, In many areas of life you see professionals whose work are bested by amateurs ...you know why its called talent
Edited by JoeHarryJames: 30/03/2009 - 00:37
Posted 30/03/2009 - 00:47 Link
Matt I am going to eat a slice of er humble pie, I paid out £4.95p and I am not disappointed. The moment I saw the contents I was salivating like a puppy with a juicy t bone steak.

Clearly Matt you are a man who wears many hats, phtographic tech support, top notch photographer as well as a publisher. If Murdoch had any sense he would sign you up for his " newspapers". Keep up the good work and get well soon.
Don
Posted 30/03/2009 - 00:47 Link
There are only two things that are required to call yourself a "Pro"....

Pros are consistent.
Pros get paid.

of course one doesn't need to be a Pro to be good.
Posted 30/03/2009 - 00:49 Link
Don wrote:
JoeHarryJames wrote:

still a bargain, compared to buying hardcover books that aren't Pentax specific... or going to college.... buying a flashmeter... etc....

Don I am seriously thinking of doing a BTEC evening course in Photography.
Don
Posted 30/03/2009 - 01:00 Link
I seriously believe Pentax should buy the rights to reproduce Matt's book, and use it for a manual, with the flash units.
or at least tell people where to buy a copy.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.