Visit Asahi Photo Visit Asahi Photo Visit Asahi Photo

My Video -- 'Should I Join a ' Camera Club?'

Peter Elgar
Posted 12/06/2019 - 21:17 Link
hope this provides some Info on Photo Clubs in UK -- I give a 'link' to the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain 'Federations' where you can find Club near to YOU-- for example, Brentwood is in the EAF so I click on EAF and see all the clubs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hplT13Vjn4
www.thepagb.org.uk/about/federations
been a member of Pentax Club since the Ron Spillman era! Got COMPUTERISED at last - DIGITISED? Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!
GeoffMoore
Posted 13/06/2019 - 13:24 Link
Thanks for the entertaining delivery and dive into your memories Peter, really quite enjoyed. As a relative youngster (just turned 40) I'm thinking about joining my first Camera club in September, Evesham. I have been taking photos as a hobbyist for a little over 3 years now pretty much on my own, so perhaps, like minded individuals will expand my horizons so to speak. Whilst I'm thinking about your video and points raised, I think your points on the perceived negatives of camera clubs exactly matched my perceptions after speaking to several photographers, but I'm going to put their views to the test.
Algernon
Posted 13/06/2019 - 14:47 Link
Very interesting video as usual Pete. Top quality presentation. TV presenters need to watch how it's done by a master.

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
JAK
Posted 13/06/2019 - 15:22 Link
Very good Peter. Did the recording cut off before the end?
I was a member of the Ilford Photographic Society in the 70s & 80s so maybe we both competed in some of the inter club competition at that time. I've got a collection of red stickers on the back of some of my prints too!
John K
Algernon
Posted 14/06/2019 - 08:04 Link
JAK wrote:
Very good Peter. Did the recording cut off before the end?

He tried to fit 13 shots on a 12 shot film .... i.e. His card was full

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
alfpics
Posted 15/06/2019 - 11:30 Link
I found your other videos and enjoyed the old time sing-a-long songs
Andy
Peter Elgar
Posted 15/06/2019 - 17:35 Link
Regarding Ilford Photographic Society -- I went to Judge there once on my lovely Austin A35 Pea Green and when i came out it had been STOLEN from outside the hall --- an Ilford Member took me to Ilford Police and I think gave me a lift back home to Brentwood -- car was found 3 days later -- it had done 147 miles but luckily NOT Damaged !
Later Car was involved with Me and 2 Villains who took me hostage on a smash and grab raid in Barking, Essex when I was doing Press Photography

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-audrpBY96c
been a member of Pentax Club since the Ron Spillman era! Got COMPUTERISED at last - DIGITISED? Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!
Edited by Peter Elgar: 15/06/2019 - 17:38
RobL
Posted 15/06/2019 - 19:04 Link
I am sorry Peter you will never have any credibility as a YouTube photographer unless you wear a baseball cap backwards. Indoors. At night!
Peter Elgar
Posted 16/06/2019 - 18:47 Link
Ha ha ! That would make me look like 'Kevin the Teenager -- I HATE YOU !!'

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.