Greater Spotted


Photo Information
....Woodpecker

Potteric Carr Nature Reserve, K-5IIs, Sigma 150-500
03/03/2013 - 17:45davidstorm
CategoryWildlife / Nature
Shutter Speed1/80
Aperturef/7.1
LensN/A
ISO1250
Focal Length440mm

Cliff-P

Link Posted 03/03/2013 - 19:08
Well captured David, Did you notice the shutter speed when you took the shot?
Cliff.




My Flickr link
Nikon D750, D7000 , Nikkor 80-400, 70-300 and 18-200 lenses

GIULIO57

Link Posted 03/03/2013 - 19:30
Great colours
PPG

davidstorm

Link Posted 03/03/2013 - 20:16
Cliff-P wrote:
Well captured David, Did you notice the shutter speed when you took the shot?

Hi Cliff, yes, there were quite a few at that speed because the light was fading. The bird was quite a distance away so I don't want to up the ISO any further and create more noise.

BTW, the IIs focusses very accurately - much better than the Mk1 K-5, but I don't think it's any faster.

Cheers
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
Last Edited by davidstorm on 03/03/2013 - 20:17

Blaze

Link Posted 03/03/2013 - 21:30
Great shot, David !

Cliff-P

Link Posted 03/03/2013 - 21:37
davidstorm wrote:


BTW, the IIs focusses very accurately - much better than the Mk1 K-5, but I don't think it's any faster.

Cheers
David

I believe not David which is a shame because a faster AF would have turned a good camera into a great one!.
Cliff.




My Flickr link
Nikon D750, D7000 , Nikkor 80-400, 70-300 and 18-200 lenses

davidstorm

Link Posted 04/03/2013 - 00:17
Cliff-P wrote:
davidstorm wrote:


BTW, the IIs focusses very accurately - much better than the Mk1 K-5, but I don't think it's any faster.

Cheers
David

I believe not David which is a shame because a faster AF would have turned a good camera into a great one!.

Never mind Cliff, we'll just have to live with it or jump ship to Nikon

BTW, 1/80, not bad for the non OS 150-500 lens? It proves one of two things: either the Pentax in body SR is very good, or I got lucky!

Cheers
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

tyronet2000

Link Posted 04/03/2013 - 17:06
Very nice capture. I usually manage to confound the SR or OS so use a tripod most of the time
Regards
Stan

PPG

dcweather

Link Posted 07/03/2013 - 13:59
Nice natural looking shot. I am closely monitoring what i guess will probably be my next camera!
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.