Yellow Mirror


Photo Information
Camera: PENTAX LX. Lens: Tamron Zoom 70-210 SP. Automatic exposure at fixed F11. Bracketing at +/- 1/3 and +/- 2/3 shutter speed. I choose the slide a little bit underexposed at: F11. Shutter speed: 1/30 sec. Camera on tripod, mirror blocked-up, shutter release cable to avoid vibrations. Date: April 1990. Place: country-road of Vitaleta close to Pienza-Tuscany-Italy-Val d’Orcia. Film: Kodak 100 Ektachrome HC scanned on EPSON Perfection 3200.
23/09/2012 - 07:58GIULIO57
CategoryLandscape / Travel
BodyN/A
Shutter SpeedN/A
ApertureN/A
LensN/A
ISON/A
Focal LengthN/A

pauljay

Link Posted 23/09/2012 - 08:12
Recognised the style immediately! Nice one Giulio!
Paul.

Photography is not a sport. It has no rules. Everything must be dared and tried! (Bill Brandt)
PPG

tyronet2000

Link Posted 23/09/2012 - 08:16
Nice. I would like to see the original projected onto a screen
Regards
Stan

PPG

morpheus71

Link Posted 23/09/2012 - 08:24
A great inviting journey into this colourful bucolic scene
https://www.philhemsley.co.uk/

sandinista

Link Posted 23/09/2012 - 08:44
WOW, this could only be yours, what sumptuous colours and a superb lead in to this inviting Tuscan landscape
Great simplicity is only won by an intense moment or by years of intelligent effort. T.S Eliot

PPG
Gear Not enough!!

Flickr
My not so new website

Bobbinalorry

Link Posted 23/09/2012 - 09:47
sandinista wrote:
WOW, this could only be yours, what sumptuous colours and a superb lead in to this inviting Tuscan landscape

EXACTLY!
I really don't think one could achieve this high a quality with digital camera. I only came to photography in the digital era and I have heard say that film realizes an image in a way that digital cannot equal: Until recently I thought that this was sour grapes from old stick-in-the-muds, but recently I have seen work like this one here that makes me think again.
This is one capture that I will save to visit again & again.
Best Regards, Larry.

All the gear & no idea.

davidtrout

Link Posted 23/09/2012 - 12:25
Great colour landscape with beautiful patterns.
But in your own words Guilio: 'What about B+W?'
David


PPG:http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout

autumnlight

Link Posted 23/09/2012 - 13:54
I new this was one of yours, the colour and compo is the beauty you realise in a picture.
Kind regards Maria

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Maria-Gray-photography/589310071158079?ref=hl

bwlchmawr

Link Posted 23/09/2012 - 14:37
A really strong and distinctive image, Giulio.
Best wishes,

Andrew

"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference.  All of them can record what you are seeing.  But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050 http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05

DrOrloff

Link Posted 23/09/2012 - 17:47

GIULIO57

Link Posted 23/09/2012 - 19:17
Bobbinalorry wrote:
sandinista wrote:
WOW, this could only be yours, what sumptuous colours and a superb lead in to this inviting Tuscan landscape

EXACTLY!
I really don't think one could achieve this high a quality with digital camera. I only came to photography in the digital era and I have heard say that film realizes an image in a way that digital cannot equal: Until recently I thought that this was sour grapes from old stick-in-the-muds, but recently I have seen work like this one here that makes me think again.
This is one capture that I will save to visit again & again.

Thanks a LOT, Larry for your special words!!!!
PPG

GIULIO57

Link Posted 23/09/2012 - 19:18
davidtrout wrote:
Great colour landscape with beautiful patterns.
But in your own words Guilio: 'What about B+W?'
David


PPG:http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout

I'll try!!!! Thank for your suggestion!
PPG

GIULIO57

Link Posted 23/09/2012 - 19:19
Thank You ALL: thanks a LOT
PPG

junousia

Link Posted 23/09/2012 - 20:20
Nice, great colors, as allways.
Best Regards
Jukka
flickr

"If your photographs aren't good enough, you're not close enough." - Robert Capa

nonur

Link Posted 24/09/2012 - 07:10
You're the van Gogh of photography, Giulio. I love your yellows and amazing compositions. This is a smashing shot and I LOVE it!
Regards,
Nezih

GIULIO57

Link Posted 24/09/2012 - 07:33
Thank you Jukka and Nezih.
PPG

davidtrout

Link Posted 26/09/2012 - 14:35
nonur wrote:
You're the van Gogh of photography, Giulio. I love your yellows and amazing compositions. This is a smashing shot and I LOVE it!

Hope he doesn't cut his ears off Nezih.
David.

PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
Last Edited by davidtrout on 26/09/2012 - 14:36

GIULIO57

Link Posted 26/09/2012 - 17:49
davidtrout wrote:
nonur wrote:
You're the van Gogh of photography, Giulio. I love your yellows and amazing compositions. This is a smashing shot and I LOVE it!

Hope he doesn't cut his ears off Nezih.
David.

PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout

No, I'll not cut my ear...I hope so! Thanks David
PPG

Luciano

Link Posted 29/09/2012 - 00:04
Ma bella bella, Giulio!!!!
Ciao.
Luciano

PS = sono impegnatissimo in questo periodo .... per fortuna
PPG

GIULIO57

Link Posted 29/09/2012 - 16:37
Luciano wrote:
Ma bella bella, Giulio!!!!
Ciao.
Luciano

PS = sono impegnatissimo in questo periodo .... per fortuna

Grazie.
PPG

szgabor

Link Posted 30/09/2012 - 11:21
Nice composition with the curving road that draws my eyes to the building that was coloured well by the lights that was reflected on the rapeseed field.
This is a nice capture my friend.
Regards,
Gábor
My website
My PPG site

GIULIO57

Link Posted 30/09/2012 - 16:29
szgabor wrote:
Nice composition with the curving road that draws my eyes to the building that was coloured well by the lights that was reflected on the rapeseed field.
This is a nice capture my friend.

Thank a lot Gabor to spend your time in writing comments to my pics.
PPG
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.