Sitting at the Sun


Photo Information
I took this photo a few ya -Dec. 2008-before to move to digital. I used a PENTAX LX camera and a PENTAX 24 mm lens. At that time it was impossible for me to preview results so I was obliged to make several attempts changing POV, distance, F number and Shutter Speed. At moment of capture important was to set distance(about 45-50 cm) and F number at hyperfocal so to manage an useful DOF (I needed about 10cm:for this I was obliged to choose a wide angle like 24 mm). It was the first time I was managing such a compo (almost a close-up inside action)but I liked those kind of photos, so I tried. I took 32 pictures and when roll was ended I was thrilling for results. After one week I got back my processed slides. Most of them nasty!…but 2 pics were good, IMHO. I kept these pics inside a box for five years. A few days ago I scanned (Epson Perfection 3200)the best slide and this file is the digital version. Kodak EliteChrome Extracolour 100 ISO. F 8; Shutter Speed:1/60s. Manual exposure; Free hand(I kept camera close to ground and cat: it was impossible to look through viewfinder. I set exposure before shooting).No polarizing filter even if colours are deep: this is the magical power of Kodak Extracolour. In good and direct sun-light conditions( 14 pm) this chrome was a wizard. I loved it!as well as the 24 mm: hard, sharp and polite at the same time.Place-Bolsena-Lake of Bolsena-Italy.
15/06/2014 - 06:57GIULIO57
CategoryPets / Captive animals
BodyN/A
Shutter SpeedN/A
ApertureN/A
LensN/A
ISON/A
Focal LengthN/A
Posted 15/06/2014 - 09:25 Link
Thankyou for sharing the technical information. Like honey dripping over the tongue for a filmy like myself. The tenacity of shooting a whole film and the imagination required is still my own mantra. I love this result of yours. And of course the LX which is my own first choice, shows what a wonderful camera and lens can achieve. Film colouring here is a joy.

Your pursuit of the photograph in your mind's eye and this result says it all. Fantastic photograph, which holds the magic element that is 'Latent Imagery' at it's best.
"The Latent Image that exists before development is a truly mystical and exciting entity and some subsequent individual photographs can make the spine tingle."

Good Fortune:

Gray Summers. Website www.graysummers.com
Bobbinalorry
Posted 15/06/2014 - 10:33 Link
graysummers wrote:
Thankyou for sharing the technical information. Like honey dripping over the tongue for a filmy like myself. The tenacity of shooting a whole film and the imagination required is still my own mantra. I love this result of yours. And of course the LX which is my own first choice, shows what a wonderful camera and lens can achieve. Film colouring here is a joy.

Your pursuit of the photograph in your mind's eye and this result says it all. Fantastic photograph, which holds the magic element that is 'Latent Imagery' at it's best.

Well put, I agree.
(but what an ugly cat!)
Best Regards, Larry.

All the gear & no idea.
GIULIO57
Posted 15/06/2014 - 16:12 Link
Thank You All. For Larry: Ugly because I didn't feed him.
PPG
Teaka53
Posted 15/06/2014 - 20:24 Link
Bobbinalorry wrote:
graysummers wrote:
Thankyou for sharing the technical information. Like honey dripping over the tongue for a filmy like myself. The tenacity of shooting a whole film and the imagination required is still my own mantra. I love this result of yours. And of course the LX which is my own first choice, shows what a wonderful camera and lens can achieve. Film colouring here is a joy.

Your pursuit of the photograph in your mind's eye and this result says it all. Fantastic photograph, which holds the magic element that is 'Latent Imagery' at it's best.

Well put, I agree.
(but what an ugly cat!)

And me
Malc
GIULIO57
Posted 15/06/2014 - 21:13 Link
Teaka53 wrote:
Bobbinalorry wrote:
Quote:
Thankyou for sharing the technical information. Like honey dripping over the tongue for a filmy like myself. The tenacity of shooting a whole film and the imagination required is still my own mantra. I love this result of yours. And of course the LX which is my own first choice, shows what a wonderful camera and lens can achieve. Film colouring here is a joy.

Your pursuit of the photograph in your mind's eye and this result says it all. Fantastic photograph, which holds the magic element that is 'Latent Imagery' at it's best.

Well put, I agree.
(but what an ugly cat!)

And me

Thank you, Mac.
PPG
autumnlight
Posted 15/06/2014 - 21:26 Link
And what a wonderful image, you could almost stroke him, lovely light too, now you have to feed him
Johnwnjr
Posted 16/06/2014 - 06:40 Link
I think the title should be "The Boss" I come across some of my film slides from time to time and they are well worth looking at again. The information too is very interesting.
John
GIULIO57
Posted 16/06/2014 - 07:06 Link
autumnlight wrote:
And what a wonderful image, you could almost stroke him, lovely light too, now you have to feed him

Thx Maria.
PPG
GIULIO57
Posted 16/06/2014 - 07:07 Link
Johnwnjr wrote:
I think the title should be "The Boss" I come across some of my film slides from time to time and they are well worth looking at again. The information too is very interesting.
John

...Right Title....and "slide chromes"have still a special "taste"for me!!!
PPG

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.