The Plough


Photo Information
Last night I spent in the freezing cold battling with ice on the lens, attempting to capture shooting stars on camera with a buddy... between us we took over 700 shots on interval shoot mode... With 4 cameras covering different parts of the sky we hoped to catch at least one shooter... Sadly we missed, we counted over 20 in the 6 hours we were out. but I did manage to get a great misty view of The Plough that I rather like. There is a better version on Flickr
https://www.flickr.com/photos/simarsden/16019576392/
14/12/2014 - 16:24SMarsden
CategoryWildlife / Nature
BodyN/A
Shutter SpeedN/A
ApertureN/A
LensN/A
ISON/A
Focal LengthN/A
Views/Likes49/0
TagsN/A

GIULIO57

Link Posted 14/12/2014 - 16:43
Lovely
PPG

RobL

Link Posted 14/12/2014 - 16:57
Just checked your photo on flickr - great! I really admire your perseverance

SMarsden

Link Posted 14/12/2014 - 19:49
Thanks, we went fully prepared, sandwiches, flasks of hot chicken soup and beer


RobL wrote:
Just checked your photo on flickr - great! I really admire your perseverance


My website

Flickr

Pentax Photo Gallery

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong" Carl Sagan

Teaka53

Link Posted 14/12/2014 - 19:59
Nice evening capture, at least you can see the complete plough, we seem to be missing the star that joins the handle to the shear in norfolk
Malc

alfpics

Link Posted 14/12/2014 - 22:17
Definitely benefits from the larger view on flickr - was it worth getting cold for?
Andy

davidwozhere

Link Posted 15/12/2014 - 01:49
I agree - the larger version really shows it off. I wonder the tripod wasn't shivering.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

drobbia

Link Posted 15/12/2014 - 06:35
Got to love anyone who brings beer and flasks for a photoshoot - nicely executed- colors blaze. thanks, tg
SMarsden wrote:
Thanks, we went fully prepared, sandwiches, flasks of hot chicken soup and beer


RobL wrote:
Just checked your photo on flickr - great! I really admire your perseverance



"It's not what you look at that's important, it's what you see" - Thoreau
Quote:

SMarsden

Link Posted 15/12/2014 - 15:25
The Plough is broken??? You should get in contact with Brian Cox on Twitter and see what he can do @ProfBrianCox

Teaka53 wrote:
Nice evening capture, at least you can see the complete plough, we seem to be missing the star that joins the handle to the shear in norfolk


My website

Flickr

Pentax Photo Gallery

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong" Carl Sagan

SMarsden

Link Posted 15/12/2014 - 15:25
I was wrapped up nice and warm

alfpics wrote:
Definitely benefits from the larger view on flickr - was it worth getting cold for?


My website

Flickr

Pentax Photo Gallery

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong" Carl Sagan
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.