Tulips,


Photo Information
Another attempt with new camera, this time my favourite subject Tulips, (apart from Tabitha) I hope its in focus this time, please let me know what you think always appreciate your help and comments. Cheers Trixie
04/04/2011 - 18:22trixie
CategoryFlowers & plants
Shutter Speed1/30
Aperturef/4.5
LensN/A
ISO400
Focal Length42.5mm
Views/Likes69/0

snappychappy

Link Posted 04/04/2011 - 18:46
Needs to be a bit brighter.
My piccies.

GIULIO57

Link Posted 04/04/2011 - 19:05
snappychappy wrote:
Needs to be a bit brighter.

You're right. It's a good subject.
PPG

trixie

Link Posted 04/04/2011 - 19:42
snappychappy wrote:
Needs to be a bit brighter.

Hi I had a look at your "one or two odd snaps" wonderful, and thank you for letting me see them, I love blackbackgrounds too, Your tulips are very good but I'm just learning and willing to to advice, thank you Cheers Trixie

autumnlight

Link Posted 04/04/2011 - 20:02
Nice one Trixie, looking better than the first already, it took me ages to get used to my new camera.
Kind regards Maria

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Maria-Gray-photography/589310071158079?ref=hl

senn

Link Posted 04/04/2011 - 20:54
I sincerely like the way it's framed, .. but I confess there is something I can't feel in this pic .. can somebody help me ?
senn
my flickr gallery
my PPG

sandinista

Link Posted 04/04/2011 - 21:16
Hi Trixie, this is a bit flat, needs some levels and contrast adjustment, also I thnk you would be better at f/8 to give more DOF, the focus is on the Tulip in the top left so the front Tulip is not in focus. Though of course you may have deliberately chosen to compose this way.

Do you have photoshop? You can adjust levels etc with it.

But it is very nicely framed, you have an eye for composition and subject, the technical stuff will all come in time.
Great simplicity is only won by an intense moment or by years of intelligent effort. T.S Eliot

PPG
Gear Not enough!!

Flickr
My not so new website

trixie

Link Posted 04/04/2011 - 22:15
sandinista wrote:
Hi Trixie, this is a bit flat, needs some levels and contrast adjustment, also I thnk you would be better at f/8 to give more DOF, the focus is on the Tulip in the top left so the front Tulip is not in focus. Though of course you may have deliberately chosen to compose this way.

Do you have photoshop? You can adjust levels etc with it.

But it is very nicely framed, you have an eye for composition and subject, the technical stuff will all come in time.

Thanks Jim, I have adjusted the photo tonight, and brightened it up and flipped it round, not as easy to use as the Pentax I-10 that I have been using, I did just throw these down and tried a photo, Im reading the manual in bed at night, trying to learn but I guess I will learn as I go along. Thanks Maria too, Cheers Trixie

trixie

Link Posted 04/04/2011 - 22:18
senn wrote:
I sincerely like the way it's framed, .. but I confess there is something I can't feel in this pic .. can somebody help me ?

Sorry Senn its only my 2nd attempt with new camera, not got used to the settings ut couldn't wait to try it out, maybe I didn't have my heart and soul in this photo! I will keep on trying, Thanks all the same to take he time to look and comment, Cheers Trixie

senn

Link Posted 05/04/2011 - 00:42
“Sorry” in my turn , I didn’t get very well what the compo has to do with a new camera, .. but anyway I think you answered my questioning

cheers Trixie
senn
my flickr gallery
my PPG
Last Edited by senn on 05/04/2011 - 00:49

trixie

Link Posted 05/04/2011 - 10:44
senn wrote:
“Sorry” in my turn , I didn’t get very well what the compo has to do with a new camera, .. but anyway I think you answered my questioning

cheers Trixie

Hi Senn didn't make my self very clear did I? I bought a new camera A Pentax K-x on Saturday and I'm trying it out, and learning as I go along. Best wishes to you, Trixie

szgabor

Link Posted 05/04/2011 - 11:01
If I may suggest you try to take the pictures with some different setting. Then you will see the results of them and you can choose the better of them.
trixie wrote:
... not as easy to use as the Pentax I-10 that I have been using ...

But you can get better result with it.
Regards,
Gábor
My website
My PPG site

trixie

Link Posted 05/04/2011 - 11:32
szgabor wrote:
If I may suggest you try to take the pictures with some different setting. Then you will see the results of them and you can choose the better of them.
trixie wrote:
... not as easy to use as the Pentax I-10 that I have been using ...

But you can get better result with it.

Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.