bowood house, wiltshire

by petemasty

Had a play with multi exposure shots to try and bring out the detail in the sky and give it a brooding feel. Used HDR in PSP to create the image.
Comments always very welcome.
Uploaded04/05/2009 - 11:23
Shutter SpeedN/A
Focal LengthN/A

Posted 04/05/2009 - 12:11 Link
The sky does look amazing, I like the rays too.
There's something quite not right with the house though. Maybe it's the distance making it to small or maybe it's the exposure. Wondered if adjusting the exposure in PS would do the trick.

I do like it though, an image with potential

Posted 04/05/2009 - 12:41 Link
I did lighten the grass a bit and the house a little less. i didint want to light the house too mcuh as I wanted to have a slightly eerie feel to it by taking out the warmth (or certainly not adding warmth to it)

cheers Mr Bug
Pete M
My Flickr
Posted 04/05/2009 - 22:49 Link
That sky's wonderful.
Edited by davidtrout: 04/05/2009 - 22:49
Posted 05/05/2009 - 09:04 Link
Hi Pete, It is a great photo, but I think it could do with a slight crop and more saturation in the grass as its a little too light. Have a look at this and see what you think.

Posted 05/05/2009 - 12:59 Link
I like the satruration in the grass Matt. It does lift it. Thanks for the compliment.

David, glad you like the sky. I'm feeling rather pleased with my first ever attempt at HDR. I have noticed on other images I am processing that if I 'clarify' in HDR too much a lot of noise is created. So for me HDR has to be undertaken subtly.
Pete M
My Flickr
Posted 05/05/2009 - 18:31 Link
I couldn't agree with you more about being suble with HDR. For me about 75% of HDR photos in this and other forums are totally OTT and turn me right off. The other 25%, and I include this one, are artistic.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.