Lazy afternoon


Photo Information
My first Hoverfly, well the first that is recognisable.
03/08/2011 - 19:52autumnlight
CategoryWildlife / Nature
Shutter Speed1/320
Aperturef/10
LensN/A
ISO200
Focal Length260mm
Views/Likes71/0

GIULIO57

Link Posted 03/08/2011 - 20:08
This is a wonderful compo. Perfect work. Your "cunning" art and eye give special feeling to your masterpieces.You're the Botticelli of PUG (I'm NOT joking. It's truth!!)
PPG

Charlotte

Link Posted 03/08/2011 - 20:24
That really is a beautiful image Maria.

Nice sharp details on the hover fly and a work of art aswell.

Kind regards

Charlotte
Pentax Photo Gallery
Photography blog

autumnlight

Link Posted 03/08/2011 - 20:34
Charlotte wrote:
That really is a beautiful image Maria.

Nice sharp details on the hover fly and a work of art aswell.

Kind regards

Charlotte

Thank you for your kind comment Charlotte.
Kind regards Maria

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Maria-Gray-photography/589310071158079?ref=hl

autumnlight

Link Posted 03/08/2011 - 20:36
GIULIO57 wrote:
This is a wonderful compo. Perfect work. Your "cunning" art and eye give special feeling to your masterpieces.You're the Botticelli of PUG (I'm NOT joking. It's truth!!)

Thank you so much Giulio, i am really humbled by your kind comment.
Kind regards Maria

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Maria-Gray-photography/589310071158079?ref=hl

trixie

Link Posted 03/08/2011 - 20:51
GIULIO57 wrote:
This is a wonderful compo. Perfect work. Your "cunning" art and eye give special feeling to your masterpieces.You're the Botticelli of PUG (I'm NOT joking. It's truth!!)

This is so true Maria, your photos are truly beautiful, best wishes Trixie

davidstorm

Link Posted 03/08/2011 - 20:51
Great image Maria, your style is instantly recognisable and adds something unique to your pictures. I like the 'composition' aspect of this rather than the extreme macro. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the Hoverfly is feeding on Bronze Fennel - they absolutely love these plants.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

sandinista

Link Posted 03/08/2011 - 20:54
This has your unique style and finesse Maria which elevates a humble hover fly shot into another dimension, very well crafted.
Great simplicity is only won by an intense moment or by years of intelligent effort. T.S Eliot

PPG
Gear Not enough!!

Flickr
My not so new website

senn

Link Posted 03/08/2011 - 21:11
a masterpiece ..
senn
my flickr gallery
my PPG

nipper

Link Posted 03/08/2011 - 21:41
delightful image love how you've done this

pauljay

Link Posted 03/08/2011 - 22:33
In a word - gorgeous!
Paul.

Photography is not a sport. It has no rules. Everything must be dared and tried! (Bill Brandt)
PPG

alfpics

Link Posted 03/08/2011 - 22:58
Caught it nicely! Like the selective colouring
Andy
Andy

autumnlight

Link Posted 03/08/2011 - 23:10
Thank you all so much for your kind and encouraging comments, they are really appreciated.
Kind regards Maria

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Maria-Gray-photography/589310071158079?ref=hl

carkaci

Link Posted 04/08/2011 - 08:07
Perfect close-up Maria ! and very good colour effect again
Regards;

Emre

autumnlight

Link Posted 04/08/2011 - 14:19
carkaci wrote:
Perfect close-up Maria ! and very good colour effect again

Thank you Emre.
Kind regards Maria

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Maria-Gray-photography/589310071158079?ref=hl

autumnlight

Link Posted 04/08/2011 - 14:21
davidstorm wrote:
Great image Maria, your style is instantly recognisable and adds something unique to your pictures. I like the 'composition' aspect of this rather than the extreme macro. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the Hoverfly is feeding on Bronze Fennel - they absolutely love these plants.

Regards
David

As far as i know it's just the common Fennel, it has a lovely yellow flower and is about 5 ft. high
Kind regards Maria

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Maria-Gray-photography/589310071158079?ref=hl

pianoman

Link Posted 05/08/2011 - 23:49
Sorry Im late ( work) Maria this is a wonderful piece of work and you have balanced all the factors just right,IMHO its so easy to go just too far but you have found the right balane here and a beautiful image has resulted well done indeed
All the best

David

autumnlight

Link Posted 07/08/2011 - 13:32
pianoman wrote:
Sorry Im late ( work) Maria this is a wonderful piece of work and you have balanced all the factors just right,IMHO its so easy to go just too far but you have found the right balane here and a beautiful image has resulted well done indeed

Thank you David, much appreciated.
Kind regards Maria

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Maria-Gray-photography/589310071158079?ref=hl
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.