HMV 78 rpm


Photo Information
06/10/2015 - 17:58bwlchmawr
CategoryClose Up
Shutter Speed1/30
Aperturef/2.8
LensN/A
ISO800
Focal Length50mm
Views/Likes52/3

GIULIO57

Link Posted 06/10/2015 - 17:59

PPG

fritzthedog

Link Posted 07/10/2015 - 13:14
God I feel old Andrew!

My 13 year old daughter saw this on my screen and asked me what it was.

I then had to explain how we used to listen to music in 'the old days'. Her response?

'well that was just stupid - why didn't you listen on your i-phones'

At which point - I felt it was probably just best to agree with her........

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more

bwlchmawr

Link Posted 07/10/2015 - 18:21
fritzthedog wrote:
God I feel old Andrew!

My 13 year old daughter saw this on my screen and asked me what it was.

I then had to explain how we used to listen to music in 'the old days'. Her response?

'well that was just stupid - why didn't you listen on your i-phones'

At which point - I felt it was probably just best to agree with her........

Carl

Great story, Carl. I had a lovely few minutes at Duffryn House where they have some not very old typewriters which people can handle. There were a couple of teenage girls using them and squealing with delight as the letters appeared on the paper... then we got on to Tippex (remember that?) and carbon copy paper.

Believe it or not there's still a healthy trade in LPs. Some folks swear the sound is better... "warmer" is the word they use.

And I know you won't believe this but it's true, some very backward lads use film in non-digital cameras...
Best wishes,

Andrew

"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference.  All of them can record what you are seeing.  But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050 http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05

fritzthedog

Link Posted 07/10/2015 - 19:28
bwlchmawr wrote:
fritzthedog wrote:
God I feel old Andrew!

My 13 year old daughter saw this on my screen and asked me what it was.

I then had to explain how we used to listen to music in 'the old days'. Her response?

'well that was just stupid - why didn't you listen on your i-phones'

At which point - I felt it was probably just best to agree with her........

Carl

Great story, Carl. I had a lovely few minutes at Duffryn House where they have some not very old typewriters which people can handle. There were a couple of teenage girls using them and squealing with delight as the letters appeared on the paper... then we got on to Tippex (remember that?) and carbon copy paper.

Believe it or not there's still a healthy trade in LPs. Some folks swear the sound is better... "warmer" is the word they use.

And I know you won't believe this but it's true, some very backward lads use film in non-digital cameras...

I used to love my vinyl Andrew - I had a collection of more than 3000 records - deeply regret dumping them in the early 2000s due to lack of space, no equipment to play them on and total lack of any interest from anybody to buy them. ....and for what it's worth - I still believe vinyl sounds better - especially if (like me) you invested in Japanese import first pressings.

As for people still using something called 'film' to take photos - I am sure if you mentioned this to my daughter - her answer would be "well that's just stupid - why don't they use their i-phones"

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more

bwlchmawr

Link Posted 07/10/2015 - 19:39
fritzthedog wrote:
bwlchmawr wrote:
Quote:
God I feel old Andrew!

My 13 year old daughter saw this on my screen and asked me what it was.

I then had to explain how we used to listen to music in 'the old days'. Her response?

'well that was just stupid - why didn't you listen on your i-phones'

At which point - I felt it was probably just best to agree with her........

Carl

Great story, Carl. I had a lovely few minutes at Duffryn House where they have some not very old typewriters which people can handle. There were a couple of teenage girls using them and squealing with delight as the letters appeared on the paper... then we got on to Tippex (remember that?) and carbon copy paper.

Believe it or not there's still a healthy trade in LPs. Some folks swear the sound is better... "warmer" is the word they use.

And I know you won't believe this but it's true, some very backward lads use film in non-digital cameras...

I used to love my vinyl Andrew - I had a collection of more than 3000 records - deeply regret dumping them in the early 2000s due to lack of space, no equipment to play them on and total lack of any interest from anybody to buy them. ....and for what it's worth - I still believe vinyl sounds better - especially if (like me) you invested in Japanese import first pressings.

As for people still using something called 'film' to take photos - I am sure if you mentioned this to my daughter - her answer would be "well that's just stupid - why don't they use their i-phones"

Carl


Best wishes,

Andrew

"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference.  All of them can record what you are seeing.  But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050 http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05

davidstorm

Link Posted 07/10/2015 - 21:40
Great image Andrew and a very entertaining narrative to the comments!

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

Wildwood512

Link Posted 08/10/2015 - 02:40
davidstorm wrote:
Great image Andrew and a very entertaining narrative to the comments!

Regards
David

Here! Here! 😄
Cheers...Donna 😊

davidtrout

Link Posted 08/10/2015 - 11:09
Still putting your time machine to excellent use Andrew. Why don't you audition to be the next Dr Who?
David
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout

pauljay

Link Posted 11/10/2015 - 11:15
Only about 1000 albums in my music archive - John Peel would have been proud of the content!
Yet another lovely shot Andrew!
Paul.

Photography is not a sport. It has no rules. Everything must be dared and tried! (Bill Brandt)
PPG
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.