GeoTones


Photo Information
Not a masterpiece. For sure!...but at that moment green tones and yellow dots mixed together with a sharp and hazy light caught my attention. Also an interesting game between lines, I thought! Sheeps did the rest. I needed living subjects filling compo. Camera on tripod. No filters. I used 1/200s and high ISO 400 because a strong and nasty wind was blowing. That wind and those moments of sharp-light(at that hour of the day in spring) are a fingerprint of this place known as “area of calanchi” close to Asciano e going toward Monte Oliveto Maggiore Abbey-Tuscany-Italy. Hope u like it
09/11/2014 - 06:59GIULIO57
CategoryLandscape / Travel
Shutter Speed1/200
Aperturef/8
LensN/A
ISO400
Focal Length120mm

trixie

Link Posted 09/11/2014 - 09:42
Its always a joy to see your photos Giulio
love the greens and the textures.

Trixie

davidtrout

Link Posted 09/11/2014 - 10:03
Not a masterpiece? Its damn well close to one Giulio. Its a wonderful Tuscan landscape. I love the careful way you've arranged the composition to bring out the fine patterns.
David

PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout

swarf

Link Posted 09/11/2014 - 11:40
Guilio

Love the tones and the lines in this one - brings back memories.

Phil
K-5iiS; K-r; ME Super; ME; DA* 16-50 f2.8; DA 18-135 WR; DA 55-300 WR; HD DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited; FA 50mm f1.4; A50mm f1.7; DAL 18-55mm; M40mm f2.8; + assorted non-Pentax lenses

My Flikr Page link

davidstorm

Link Posted 09/11/2014 - 13:13
Wow.

As David says I do think this is pretty close to being a masterpiece. It is stunning.

Regards
David
Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

morpheus71

Link Posted 09/11/2014 - 14:18
A finely crafted and quietly elegant Tuscan landscape to glide into. Pleasing interlocking form, with inviting hues and textures

Bravo
https://www.philhemsley.co.uk/
Last Edited by morpheus71 on 09/11/2014 - 14:19

pipinmels

Link Posted 09/11/2014 - 14:30
really like this one...

GIULIO57

Link Posted 09/11/2014 - 16:05
Thank YOU All for cmts and time spent on my work
PPG

autumnlight

Link Posted 09/11/2014 - 17:01
What lovely colours, i do like this composition with the tree and the sheep adding to the image
Kind regards Maria

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Maria-Gray-photography/589310071158079?ref=hl

bwlchmawr

Link Posted 09/11/2014 - 17:14
Aleways a joy to see your beautifully composed Tuscan landscapes, Giulio. Gorgeous colours in this one.
Best wishes,

Andrew

"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference.  All of them can record what you are seeing.  But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050 http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05

GIULIO57

Link Posted 09/11/2014 - 19:32
autumnlight wrote:
What lovely colours, i do like this composition with the tree and the sheep adding to the image

Thx Maria
PPG

GIULIO57

Link Posted 09/11/2014 - 19:33
bwlchmawr wrote:
Aleways a joy to see your beautifully composed Tuscan landscapes, Giulio. Gorgeous colours in this one.

Thx Andrew
PPG

Teaka53

Link Posted 09/11/2014 - 19:52
Always a pleasure to see one of yours Giulio, always giving us lesser mortals something to aspire to
Malc

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 09/11/2014 - 20:48
Really well composed... Great lines and intersections... Sheep far distance a great counterpoint to the symmetry... Really nice...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

drobbia

Link Posted 09/11/2014 - 21:39
All the above and ----A remarkable image that would be at home on a museum wall. Many things combined to produce this singular work. Colors are vibrant. The geometrics and chosen POV brilliant. Even the tree positioned itself, decades ago, for your "Capolavoro" effort. Bravo! --- thanks - Tony
"It's not what you look at that's important, it's what you see" - Thoreau
Quote:

davidwozhere

Link Posted 10/11/2014 - 01:13
What a beautiful place to live.
The sheep do help but I think the solitary tree is even more valuable. It stops the eye from sliding off the picture and redirects to those wonderful patterns.
Thank you for sharing it.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

GIULIO57

Link Posted 10/11/2014 - 06:46
davidwozhere wrote:
What a beautiful place to live.
The sheep do help but I think the solitary tree is even more valuable. It stops the eye from sliding off the picture and redirects to those wonderful patterns.
Thank you for sharing it.

Thx david for your "master"reading of this compo
PPG

GIULIO57

Link Posted 10/11/2014 - 06:46
drobbia wrote:
All the above and ----A remarkable image that would be at home on a museum wall. Many things combined to produce this singular work. Colors are vibrant. The geometrics and chosen POV brilliant. Even the tree positioned itself, decades ago, for your "Capolavoro" effort. Bravo! --- thanks - Tony

THX THX a lot
PPG

GIULIO57

Link Posted 10/11/2014 - 06:47
thingsthatihaveseen wrote:
Really well composed... Great lines and intersections... Sheep far distance a great counterpoint to the symmetry... Really nice...

Best

Thx a lot
PPG

GIULIO57

Link Posted 10/11/2014 - 06:49
Teaka53 wrote:
Always a pleasure to see one of yours Giulio, always giving us lesser mortals something to aspire to

THX Malc....sometimesI suppose that to take pictures is the only way to freeze "realm of reality"when stll alive. We do take always piccies of what"willsurely die in the next or far future"
PPG

deerider

Link Posted 10/11/2014 - 20:59
Superb image

GIULIO57

Link Posted 11/11/2014 - 10:51
deerider wrote:
Superb image

Thx a lot
PPG

pauljay

Link Posted 12/11/2014 - 13:47
A trade mark photo Giulio! Beautiful!
Paul.

Photography is not a sport. It has no rules. Everything must be dared and tried! (Bill Brandt)
jaypix
yankee44
PPG

GIULIO57

Link Posted 12/11/2014 - 19:05
pauljay wrote:
A trade mark photo Giulio! Beautiful!

THX Paul
PPG

pixelshot

Link Posted 25/11/2014 - 15:16
Wonderful view and tones and yes the sheep add a little magi to the sale of things superb image...Best Wishes Alan

GIULIO57

Link Posted 27/11/2014 - 11:02
pixelshot wrote:
Wonderful view and tones and yes the sheep add a little magi to the sale of things superb image...Best Wishes Alan

THX Alan and sorry for delay in replying
PPG

VividArt

Link Posted 04/12/2014 - 19:44
Well I tend to agree with all of the above. A terrific shot. The rest of us think it's pretty darn good !

Keep it up!


Regards,


JMD

GIULIO57

Link Posted 05/12/2014 - 17:36
VividArt wrote:
Well I tend to agree with all of the above. A terrific shot. The rest of us think it's pretty darn good !

Keep it up!


Regards,


JMD

THx for your kind words
PPG

alfpics

Link Posted 14/12/2014 - 09:06
Only just seen this - lovely composition and the mix of yellow and green gives a 'magical' effect
Andy

GIULIO57

Link Posted 14/12/2014 - 16:46
alfpics wrote:
Only just seen this - lovely composition and the mix of yellow and green gives a 'magical' effect

THX Andy
PPG
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.