Blue

Blue

Photo Information
Late afternoon light on a spring day. looking across the Teign Estuary towards Teignmouth's Back Beach from Shaldon.

Devon
24/03/2015 - 00:04morpheus71
CategoryLandscape / Travel
Shutter Speed1389/125000
Aperturef/8
LensN/A
ISO200
Focal Length55mm

Wildwood512

Link Posted 24/03/2015 - 01:41
Uhm, this is a really splendid shot. The blue boat is pleasant enough to look at by itself, but then the scene goes on...blue boat to red balls that hopscotch the eye to the beach and yellow buildings! These elements create a clever line that floats the viewer to shore. The inclusion of the three basic colors of red, yellow, and blue really make the picture pop!😉
Cheers...Donna 😊

GIULIO57

Link Posted 24/03/2015 - 09:54
Beautiful sunny light
PPG

autumnlight

Link Posted 24/03/2015 - 16:59

morpheus71

Link Posted 24/03/2015 - 23:27
Wildwood512 wrote:
Uhm, this is a really splendid shot. The blue boat is pleasant enough to look at by itself, but then the scene goes on...blue boat to red balls that hopscotch the eye to the beach and yellow buildings! These elements create a clever line that floats the viewer to shore. The inclusion of the three basic colors of red, yellow, and blue really make the picture pop!😉

Thank you very much indeed for your encouraging comments and for noticing the various placements of hues and the journey through this scene. It was a construction of colours and elements that made me smile when I noticed the potential composition. It is fascinating to explore this estuary with it's array of colours, form and textures... new possibilities for photographic study are awakened on many occasions that I have visited.
Phil Hemsley Landscape Photography and 1 to 1 Landscape Photography Workshops

morpheus71

Link Posted 24/03/2015 - 23:31
GIULIO57 wrote:
Beautiful sunny light

Thanks very much Giulio The light felt worth a detour to the estuary on my journeys that afternoon!
Phil Hemsley Landscape Photography and 1 to 1 Landscape Photography Workshops

morpheus71

Link Posted 24/03/2015 - 23:32
autumnlight wrote:
Glorious image

Many Thanks for your generous comment Maria
Phil Hemsley Landscape Photography and 1 to 1 Landscape Photography Workshops

davidstorm

Link Posted 25/03/2015 - 23:37
Marvellous shot, stands out a mile in the thumbnails

Regards
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

morpheus71

Link Posted 26/03/2015 - 20:52
davidstorm wrote:
Marvellous shot, stands out a mile in the thumbnails

Regards
David

Thanks very much for your encouraging comments David 😎
Phil Hemsley Landscape Photography and 1 to 1 Landscape Photography Workshops

Teaka53

Link Posted 28/03/2015 - 17:51
Can't improve on what has been said already, love it
Malc

morpheus71

Link Posted 03/04/2015 - 00:25
Teaka53 wrote:
Can't improve on what has been said already, love it

Thanks very much indeed Malc 😎
Phil Hemsley Landscape Photography and 1 to 1 Landscape Photography Workshops
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.