Night-time street portrait


Photo Information
Posted once before ( some time ago ) but would welcome constructive comments / advice on the “grainy” nature of this version - does it add or detract from the image ?
04/12/2021 - 09:50Daronl
CategoryStreet Photography
BodyN/A
Shutter SpeedN/A
ApertureN/A
Views/Likes43/4
TagsN/A

GIULIO57

Link Posted 04/12/2021 - 11:35
It adds. Its look reminds of a film pushed at 3200 ISO and printed inside a traditional darkroom. An overall great compo and Mood.
PPG

Flan

Link Posted 04/12/2021 - 14:14
GIULIO57 wrote:
It adds. Its look reminds of a film pushed at 3200 ISO and printed inside a traditional darkroom. An overall great compo and Mood.

Agree , it has the feel of photo journalism back in the film days when iso was pushed to the limits , starting at iso 800 .liked because of memories and really very good composition
Last Edited by Flan on 04/12/2021 - 14:21

johnriley

Link Posted 05/12/2021 - 11:22
A very powerful portrait that's enhanced by the grain. It catches my eye every time I scan the images.
Best regards, John

Daronl

Link Posted 05/12/2021 - 11:29
johnriley wrote:
A very powerful portrait that's enhanced by the grain. It catches my eye every time I scan the images.


Daronl

Daronl

Link Posted 05/12/2021 - 11:29
Thanks John, your experienced opinion is much appreciated
Daronl

Daronl

Link Posted 05/12/2021 - 11:32
Flan wrote:
GIULIO57 wrote:
It adds. Its look reminds of a film pushed at 3200 ISO and printed inside a traditional darkroom. An overall great compo and Mood.

Agree , it has the feel of photo journalism back in the film days when iso was pushed to the limits , starting at iso 800 .liked because of memories and really very good composition

Thanks so much for your helpful and valued opinion and I also appreciate the "old style" quality too
Daronl
Daronl

Daronl

Link Posted 05/12/2021 - 11:43
GIULIO57 wrote:
It adds. Its look reminds of a film pushed at 3200 ISO and printed inside a traditional darkroom. An overall great compo and Mood.

Thanks for your comments which are always very helpful and encouraging ; I was trying to convey the mood and atmosphere of the moment in a deserted dark street in the early hours of the morning

Daronl
Daronl
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.