Namibia and from half-way up the dune

Namibia and from half-way up the dune

Photo Information
13/02/2020 - 08:38Grodgeman
CategoryLandscape / Travel
Shutter SpeedN/A
ApertureN/A
ISON/A
Focal LengthN/A
Views/Likes36/2
TagsN/A

GIULIO57

Link Posted 13/02/2020 - 10:20
A strange atmosphere...almost a nice yourney to Mars. Well done
PPG

Grodgeman

Link Posted 13/02/2020 - 11:54
Sweaty huffing and puffing in hellishly hot sand !

go4IT

Link Posted 13/02/2020 - 13:41
GIULIO57 wrote:
A strange atmosphere...almost a nice yourney to Mars. Well done

Plus moi.

leep

Link Posted 13/02/2020 - 13:53
Super image. Colour and tones... nice!

pipinmels

Link Posted 14/02/2020 - 08:13
Yep like this. Knew it was a Grodgeman from the thumbnail image. Liking your work.

Grodgeman

Link Posted 14/02/2020 - 12:53
pipinmels wrote:
Yep like this. Knew it was a Grodgeman from the thumbnail image. Liking your work.

Thanks a million. The Pentax does it all (flatter, flatter and perhaps they'll send me a K-1 ? Hope… Hope…)

LennyBloke

Link Posted 16/02/2020 - 11:28
leep wrote:
Super image. Colour and tones... nice!

Totally agree
LennyBloke

DanceOfLight

Link Posted 22/02/2020 - 08:46
drop-dead gorgeous composition, excellent colours. HDR ?, There is wee-bit halo on the distant dunes, it does bring those dunes out in focus though. IMHO again, the clouds use a bit of de-speckle treatment which I think the software introduced when the details in the clouds were teased out. All in all an impressive picture and I can only imagine the amount of motivation one would need to even set up the camera and click a picture in those extreme conditions.

Grodgeman

Link Posted 24/02/2020 - 01:54
DanceOfLight wrote:
drop-dead gorgeous composition, excellent colours. HDR ?, There is wee-bit halo on the distant dunes, it does bring those dunes out in focus though. IMHO again, the clouds use a bit of de-speckle treatment which I think the software introduced when the details in the clouds were teased out. All in all an impressive picture and I can only imagine the amount of motivation one would need to even set up the camera and click a picture in those extreme conditions.

Thank you all for the comments. Actually, taking the photo was easy. There was no real choice of perspective. Plodding my sweaty way up, I stopped for a breather, turned, and took the only view I really could. The fun came later with the computer and, mainly, Apple's Photos app. That's the beauty of photography: exercise, technology, aesthetics, a beer at hand, and all that. Cheers.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.