Pentax SMC DA 50mm f/1.8 Lens Winner

Pentax SMC DA 50mm f/1.8 Lens Winner

20/01/2016 - 12:55

The Pentax User team has now chosen the winner of the latest Pentax User Plus competition.

Congratulations go to davidstorm who captured the image 'Surging!' captured in the Borrowdale Valley in the Lake District.

Lake District

Thank you to everyone who entered and well done to those who made the shortlist, too:

davidruane - Grizzly bear out fishing in Canada

Bear

Dorothea - Hey, Earth! :)
Insect

Grodgeman - Welcome
Landscape

tommyt - Its in here Somewhere.
Garage

davidstorm wins the last Pentax SMC DA 50mm f/1.8 lens we have up for grabs, future winners will be awarded a Pentax branded camera bag.

Information on the next Pentax User Plus competition will be posted shortly. You can view past winning entries here: Pentax User Plus Quarterly Competition

davidstorm

Link Posted 22/01/2016 - 23:32
Sincere thanks to the Pentax Team for choosing my image as the winner, I am thrilled and honoured to be placed first. I always hankered after a DA 50 1.8, but never got around to buying one!

I think in many ways the image I took is quite indicative of what the Pentax brand is all about, as it was shot in the rain, with water droplets continually splashing on the lens filter. This is why I use Pentax, although I must admit the lens was not WR!

Thanks again Pentax Team.

Regards
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

autumnlight

Link Posted 23/01/2016 - 17:22
Well done David, one of your fabulous shots. Well done to the runners up also.
Kind regards Maria

davidstorm

Link Posted 26/01/2016 - 23:17
Thank you for commenting Maria, I appreciate you saying this.

Regards
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

richandfleur

Link Posted 26/01/2016 - 23:33
Great image. Just the right amount of movement

OldTaffy

Link Posted 01/02/2016 - 12:51
davidstorm wrote:
Regards
David

I'm sure that the Borrowdale rain is the purest distilled water and wouldn't do any harm!

Congratulations on winning with this very atmospheric photo. Also special commendations to the runners-up for their great images.

Martin
A few of my photographs in flickr.
Lizars 1910 "Challenge" quarter-plate camera; and some more recent stuff.

davidstorm

Link Posted 13/02/2016 - 21:17
Thank you guys for you comments.

Regards
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

Mag07

Link Posted 19/02/2016 - 07:37
Wow...been quite busy and somehow missed that. A fantastic photo. Congratulations
'Photography...it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten....' (Aaron Siskind)

AndrewA

Link Posted 27/03/2016 - 09:27
Well done David, excellent image.
Andrew