Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

z-1p/pz-1p ................... Is it really so hard to find?

steelski
Posted 10/09/2004 - 20:27 Link
Hi everyone. I´m new to this site and am wondering if anyone can help me................please do.
I am the the owner of a now outgrown mz-50. I also own a PK fit NOVA XP-2 camera (really dont like it as it crinched my film today).
I am looking for a Z-1p or a PZ-1p (I know they are the same). Please aid me in the search for this rare jewel as i can not seem to find the blighter. post links, provide prices, sell them to me, provide hints......give me one anything really concerning this camera......i know the specs of the beast and just need to have it. (dreweling)

thank you for helping this poor amature on his way.
Plane Tax!!!
George Lazarette
Posted 11/09/2004 - 13:01 Link
Where are you based? I have a perfect one for sale, in the UK.
steelski
Posted 11/09/2004 - 13:47 Link
I am really able to go anywhere.....but just for the sake of argument i live around Telford/Birmingham and am willing to go far. thank you ....thank you.............

please though people......dont stop replying.......i might not wanna buy it( doubtful)
Plane Tax!!!
Jan W
Posted 16/09/2004 - 10:28 Link
steelski wrote:
I am really able to go anywhere.....but just for the sake of argument i live around Telford/Birmingham and am willing to go far. thank you ....thank you.............

please though people......dont stop replying.......i might not wanna buy it( doubtful)

The following website has one for sale (Z1/p £250.00)
http://www.waltersphotovideo.co.uk/

I know because I was looking for one myself. I bought one at Westcliffe, Southend instead because it was closer and could test it on some of my manual focus lenses.
Jan W
steelski
Posted 16/09/2004 - 12:54 Link
As you said you bought one yourself...............well............is it all its cracked up to be? or am i dissilusioned by the camera. so dissilusioned infact that i even bought myself a new lens for the new baby on the block which i can not use with my crippled MZ 50........ a mint condition pentax k series 50mm f1.2 lens.
Plane Tax!!!
Jan W
Posted 16/09/2004 - 13:27 Link
steelski wrote:
As you said you bought one yourself...............well............is it all its cracked up to be? or am i dissilusioned by the camera. so dissilusioned infact that i even bought myself a new lens for the new baby on the block which i can not use with my crippled MZ 50........ a mint condition pentax k series 50mm f1.2 lens.

I just shot two rolls with it after playing with all its functions for a while.
I think I understand all its functions now (handbook is handy, but for me not that essential).

I am very pleased with it. Built quaility feels good. I needed the autofocus in order to make spontaneous pictures of our horse (A silly Andalusion horse with lots of tricks he normally displays when I am not ready with focus or frame).
Together with a Tamron 70-300DL lens it focuses quite fast. Even the predictive autofocus worked when the horse came galoping towards me. (The only issue is the single autofocus point which is in the middle. So this predictive autofus dictates that the subject has to be framed in the middle).

The 4 frame per second motordrive can be useful but it can waste a lot of film indeed if you are not careful. (You can switch it to single advance mode)

I used the Flash for filling in shadows and it can be used at 1/250 of a second which is ideal for open lens portraits. (Not as good as my Mamiya and Rollei cameras) but for an SLR outstanding.

Also, compared to my manual Pentax P30N, the brightness of the viewfinder makes use of manual lenses a lot easier as well. I use a fixed aperture Tokina 500mm f8 mirror (m42 screw with PK adaptor) lens and it is for the first time a pleasure to use. The 1/8000 speed is very handy for this lens and fast film (since the aperture cannot be changed).

So overall very happy.
I could have bought a MZ5n (I liked the retro styling, but it feels a bit fragile and easily scratched. The *ist is even more flimsy and is not fully compatible with manual lenses (especially with M42 screw lenses, or lens reversal adaptors). It simply does not know the aperture of the lens.
Jan W
battila
Posted 27/09/2004 - 09:35 Link
Jan W wrote:
steelski wrote:

The following website has one for sale (Z1/p £250.00)
http://www.waltersphotovideo.co.uk/

I know because I was looking for one myself. I bought one at Westcliffe, Southend instead because it was closer and could test it on some of my manual focus lenses.

... and they shipping only in UK

battila
Anonymous
Posted 08/11/2004 - 14:26 Link
have a look on ebay thier are 4 z1-z1ps for sale at good prices as well

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.