yongnuo 560 III Speedlights. ...any good?

RockingDad

Link Posted 23/11/2013 - 08:07
Morning everyone.

I need a gun with ttl metering that I can reduce the power on and while id like to to spend a few hundred pounds on a pentax gun its not practical.

Can anyone provide a recommendation for these yongnuo speedlights with a pentax dslr (ive got the K110D)?

Ive seen online that the build quality is pretty impressive.

Thanks

Rockingdad
Pentax K3 & K5 currently
Used a Pentax all my life!

JonSchick

Link Posted 23/11/2013 - 08:12
Superb manual flash. But it's not TTL which you said you needed. I don't find the manual thing that problematic, and very happy with my 560 ii (on Pentax but no reason why it won't work equally well in other brands).

Helpful

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 23/11/2013 - 08:20
I have one of the original mark I 560s and am very happy with it. I don't think Yongnuo make any PTTL models though, for Pentax it's full manual.

The flash is very solid indeed and recycles fast, though mine doesn't work with Lithium AAs for some reason (though that's not a problem, I usually use Eneloops).
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

Helpful

RockingDad

Link Posted 23/11/2013 - 08:20
To be honest most of my work is studio so the priority would be variable power settings from quite low upwards. I normally meter myself with a meter anyway. You'd recommend then? What is good in your opinion?

Thanks
Pentax K3 & K5 currently

JonSchick

Link Posted 23/11/2013 - 08:46
I'm struggling to think of anything bad, as long as you are ok with a full manual flash. Build is very good (it's based on a Canon workhorse gun anyway), recycling is quick, it's very flexible and astonishing value. I know plenty of professionals who swear by them.

Helpful

stub

Link Posted 23/11/2013 - 09:33
Best value on the market by a mile. Once you get your head around a manual flash set up. Great build quality, powerful, Metal foot, full swivel head. What's not to like
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses

Stuart..

Helpful

RockingDad

Link Posted 23/11/2013 - 15:45
Thanks everyone, just ordered one.

Rockingdad
Pentax K3 & K5 currently
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.