WTB; Sigma or Pentax 17-70mm lens

MattyH

Link Posted 19/01/2014 - 10:31
As the above title reads,

This year I will be traveling a bit more with work, so I wish to travel light, with just one Dslr and one lens plus my Q, having used and sold a Sigma 17-70mm before I would like another but would also like to try the Pentax.

Can pay via PayPal right away with myself covering fees.

Thanks in advance

Matt

Defragged

Link Posted 19/01/2014 - 11:31
Hello Matt,

If you don't find what you're looking for in a 17-70, my Sigma 24-135 link is available. Admittedly it's slightly bulkier but with longer reach and still f2.8 at the shorter end.

Good luck with your search....
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!

MattyH

Link Posted 19/01/2014 - 14:16
Now sorted, after having a very very very.....very good deal on eBay on a different lens

But it has to turn up first

Simonmac

Link Posted 19/01/2014 - 16:28
Do share!!!!
MattyH wrote:
Now sorted, after having a very very very.....very good deal on eBay on a different lens

macmccreery.com
www.flickr.com/photos/simac/
www.500px.com/simac

MattyH

Link Posted 19/01/2014 - 17:08
Simonmac wrote:
Do share!!!!
MattyH wrote:

Ended up with the Pentax 18-135mm at a quite daft price, can't say what, just in case I end up selling it at a huge profit on here

ChrisA

Link Posted 19/01/2014 - 17:24
MattyH wrote:
Ended up with the Pentax 18-135mm at a quite daft price, can't say what, just in case I end up selling it at a huge profit on here

Good for you!

And good for you too, if you sell it at a profit. I don't hold with all this 'it's immoral to sell stuff at a profit to forum members', as comes up occasionally in discussion.

Basically, if you buy something that costs you X, and you're happy to pay it, that's good. If you then sell it at price Y that you're happy to receive, and that someone else is happy to pay, that's two people happy. None of anyone's business whether you've made a profit or not.
Pentax K-3, DA18-135, DA35 F2.4, DA17-70, DA55-300, FA28-200, A50 F1.7, A100 F4 Macro, A400 F5.6, Sigma 10-20 EXDC, 50-500 F4.5-6.3 APO DG OS Samsung flash SEF-54PZF(x2)

MattyH

Link Posted 19/01/2014 - 17:33
ChrisA wrote:
MattyH wrote:

Good for you!

And good for you too, if you sell it at a profit. I don't hold with all this 'it's immoral to sell stuff at a profit to forum members', as comes up occasionally in discussion.

Basically, if you buy something that costs you X, and you're happy to pay it, that's good. If you then sell it at price Y that you're happy to receive, and that someone else is happy to pay, that's two people happy. None of anyone's business whether you've made a profit or not.

Cheers, I know there was a bit of a ding dong a few months ago on here about a Pentax x1.7 converter that he told everybody he paid X for it and then was asking Y for it on here.

If I do decide to sell, which I don't think I will for a bit anyway, some one will still get a bargain.

r6ymy

Link Posted 05/03/2014 - 11:12
Matt, in case you are still looking for a Sigma 17-70 I have one in excellent condition, will be posting a classified later today with pictures.

Regards,
Neville
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.